Using RGB with Z87 Mobo?

Hey all,

I've never been one to think about RGB in my rig, but its pretty much unavoidable at this point.  My question is, is can I use RGB on an EVGA Z87 mobo, or would I have to purchase an RGB hub to be able to control it?

The case I'm looking to put the mobo into is the Cooler Master MB511 RBG (Mostly because it comes with 3 fans unlike its non-RGB counterpart which only comes with one but also for the same price)

Many thanks

The product page on CoolerMasters website says there's and included RGB controller with that case, it probably isn't anything fancy, most likely just basic color/pattern options.

Back when Z87 was the current platform RGB wasn't as much of a thing as it is now, I don't think there were any EVGA motherboards back then that had built-in support for RGB so any OS level control over the RGB would require an extra controller, not sure which controllers would be compatible with the CoolerMaster fans though. (diffrent controllers can use diffrent style connectors and/or support diffrent voltage/type of led strips)

2 minutes ago, Arttu89 said:

The product page on CoolerMasters website says there's and included RGB controller with that case, it probably isn't anything fancy, most likely just basic color/pattern options.

Back when Z87 was the current platform RGB wasn't as much of a thing as it is now, I don't think there were any EVGA motherboards back then that had built-in support for RGB so any OS level control over the RGB would require an extra controller, not sure which controllers would be compatible with the CoolerMaster fans though. (diffrent controllers can use diffrent style connectors and/or support diffrent voltage/type of led strips)

Awesome.  Thanks for the help!