Home Server Case

xrex64

My dad is putting some parts together for a home server. I need to find him a really cheap case that has at least 8 bays for HDD's. Size is no problem for us just not full atx. 

Does anyone have expedience with a good cheap case? 

I need it to be under $30 as well (I know it's low but my dad wont go any higher). Thanks.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Make one!

Or go look on Newegg.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

The NZXT Source 210 is a little more than that, but it is pretty cheap and has 8 3.5" bays. As far as i could tell it was the cheapest one on pcpartpicker.com that had 8 drive bays, although their are cheaper ones that have 6.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

The NZXT Source 210 is a little more than that, but it is pretty cheap and has 8 3.5" bays. As far as i could tell it was the cheapest on pcpartpicker.com that had 8 drive bays, although their are cheaper ones that have 6.

8 is good or else my dad starts putting hard drives on the cpu heatsink and on the DVD drive

† TTCF Member †

does your case or do you have an old case that you can take drive bays out of and mount it to like a piece of wood>

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

does your case or do you have an old case that you can take drive bays out of and mount it to like a piece of wood>

wat

† TTCF Member †

wat

Like old hard drive bays that you can mount and make your own case

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Like old hard drive bays that you can mount and make your own case

His profile says "Some HP crap" under case so I'm guessing no, but who knows, OP may say differently.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Source 210 (Elite), 220

Wait for one to go on sale.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Antec ISK 110 VESA-UK

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Antec ISK 110 VESA-UK

Just what...

† TTCF Member †

any case with many hdd slots and much motherboard space

Character artist in the Games industry.

any case with many hdd slots and much motherboard space

That's what the OP is asking for...

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Check out the Fractal Design Array R2. Yes, it costs a bit, but iit has a PSU in it already and can fit 6 drives + an SSD!

Lain Li have some nice cases for that

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

His profile says "Some HP crap" under case so I'm guessing no, but who knows, OP may say differently.

We have a butt-load of cases at home with old HDD bays...

† TTCF Member †

That's what the OP is asking for...

Saying that, Cosmos 2, Antec 1200, 900D and any Caselabs with a hand full of HDD Cages will do

Character artist in the Games industry.

We have a butt-load of cases at home with old HDD bays...

Oh, nice, that helps with your problem then. As long as they can be removed easily.