Cities question

I'm amazed by the amount of industrial traffic.. at this level.. compared to simcity 2013 this game does feel way more authentic in the way of city development/progression/picturing and road use …
atm i'm rushing to 7,500 inhabtitants to get that wastemanagement system working! 

299672662_DesktopScreenshot2018_12.27-20_43_55_40.thumb.png.6a1938db6da91f353b922c08ceb6c43b.png

The question is, will a city with 15.000 inhabitants will destroy this roadsystem i guess? or does it play nice

Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.26 - 00.42.14.69.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.26 - 23.34.02.35.png

Cool! I was looking for a decent sim build game. Do you recommend this?

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

40 minutes ago, James Evens said:

15k isn't much of a problem. Add a zero and it start getting interesting.

For large cities follow the guidelines which are widely available like turning off traffic lights and using roundabouts.

I'm just surprised by the amount of traffic generated… Supplies from out of town for the manufacturers ofcourse … If my current population is enough to generate this much traffic my mind imagined the complete road being jammed by the time i would reach 15k inhabitants..  
I already did wonder how i should envision a farming industrial region, Do you need to incorporate large amounts of space for the farming stuff, will they provide products to local stores and other forms of industry

.. questions like that. I'll be sure to check out some guides on the how and what.. The game is pretty extended for that matter

35 minutes ago, Rex_G said:

Cool! I was looking for a decent sim build game. Do you recommend this?

I would recommend this game to any aspiring manager, builder :D ( manager and builder points to the genre ) 
But i have only played for about 20 hours so far but i like it a lot... A lot of different types of challenges, the intermingling of those challenges etc etc 
I guess simcity 2013 in which i have played for almost 600 hours would be more challenging to a starter but maybe i'm the last person qualified to make such a statement. 

I bought the game without any other dlc's .. the only question mark i have so far is the generic building style used… Massive amounts of the same buildings with other colors, maybe the many many dlc's 'fix' that 'problem' but for now i'm not even near the point of obtaining more of this game!

Zoning is key word. At start, you don't really have options where to place stuff. So your industry ends up being in place where traffic to and from it affects whole city. You need to relocate industry to another area and re-route traffic so that it has clear route to industry and other areas, and also from industry to main city and back. I recommend starting with bus lines as soon as you can spare money for it. That eliminates much of private cars.

Here's my post in another Cities thread:

I've played this game for 2 months, and haven't reached even last milestone on first city yet (at 18h playtime). Took up this game after we played it for course in college (studying to become land surveyor). While I'm not fan of city builders and deep strategy, this hits my strategic nerve nicely.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You need to relocate industry to another area and re-route traffic so that it has clear route to industry and other areas

i guess that won't be a big of a problem…. I have it on the outside from the start.. it did gave some money problems in the begin but those are a thing of the past atm... The electricity industry consumes is enormous btw!

those bus lines are something… not really working yet but i guess that will change.. hopefully 

Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.27 - 23.34.53.12.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.27 - 23.32.13.51.png

22 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

i guess that won't be a big of a problem…. I have it on the outside from the start.. it did gave some money problems in the begin but those are a thing of the past atm... The electricity industry consumes is enormous btw!

those bus lines are something… not really working yet but i guess that will change.. hopefully

You can make traffic move faster/smoother by using one-ways and highway roads once you unlock them. Game has speedlimits per roads and on highways its 80km/h by default, while on city roads its 50km/h or something in those lines. You should also check on some mods, like Traffic Manager PE.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv