3000mhz ram locked ot 2133mhz and boot fail when set it to 3000 even with D.O.C.P

1 hour ago, GuithiQc said:

Hi

For christmas i receiver few pieces* for my pc, i installed the and everything was working fine excepted for the ram, i have ddr4 3000mhz and it is lock ot 2133mhz. When i set to 3000mhz in the Ai Tweaker section on the bios it fail at the boot and say: ''Your memory settings has been reset due to fail at boot'' (something like that). I deceided to check forums and, people say to use XMP or DOCP. I used DOCP (because it was the only one presemt because i have ryzen), it automaticly set ram frrquency to 3000 and increased voltage to 1.350v but it still fail. i tried to increase with each frequency one at the time until it crash and the max i reach(that work corectly), is 2833. At 2933 i have sort of weird blue screenS because it change sometimes, and when i set it to 3000mhz, it completly fail.

help

thank you for your help

*pieces i received

mobo: asus rog b450-f

ram: corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3000mhz 2x8gb

cup: AMD ryzen 5 2600x

You should try booting slightly lower, like 2933. Unfortunately the 3000MHz rating isn't guaranteed, since the official support for ram speed stops at 2400 with Intel and 2666 with Ryzen.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, GuithiQc said:

it work at 2933 but crash at 3000

I'd say stick with that then

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

19 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

did you do a bios update?

yes i did the last one

You probably want to make sure first that you have installed the DIMMs in the right combination; you wanna install them in a2b2, respectively. If you've already done that, you probably want to tweak some more settings. I have the x470 variant of it, and since we have pretty much the same kind of bios interface, I'm giving out the settings I use for my 3000mhz memory -

I'm running tridentZ DIMMs which has Hynix E-Die, rank 1. I'm currently at 3200mhz. The V_dram voltage is 1.5v with soc of 1.1v and load line calibration of level 1. The timings for cl is 18 and all are pretty much the same except for the act-time which is 38. With this timings, I was able to go up to 3333mhz though. You want to keep AI Tuner at auto. 

I might assume the memory can still be locked at 2133mhz since I just experienced it with a certain version of BIOS. You can try out other versions if it doesn't somehow.

console.log("way to pro");

@GuithiQc and @PatXioPC, you both seem to have a similar setup to me, you especially Pat as I have the same board.

Can I ask, PatXioPC would you mind having a look at my thread I posted earlier please?

I wanted to check my settings before I start putting the computer under load. If they are correct then perhaps the settings I've posted will help GuithiQc as well?

Thanks!