Need help with AIO cooler.

Guest MarcoTheNoob

Hello, everyone!

Im just wondering how should I connect my AIO cooler to my motherboard?

I will use an ID-COOLING Frostflow+ 280 AIO, paired with an ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING mobo.

Said mobo doesnt have many fan headers, and no AIO_pump header.

Should I connect the pump, and the fans to the CPU_Fan header with an Y Splitter?

Or should I connect the AIO fans to an Sys_Fan header?

Thanks in advance!

I'd connect at least the pump to the CPU fan header but a Y splitter would be a good idea.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

6 minutes ago, DuckyDan said:

I'd connect at least the pump to the CPU fan header but a Y splitter would be a good idea.

Yea would be the best, but you have to be careful that the pump and the fans dont need too much power

4 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

Yea would be the best, but you have to be careful that the pump and the fans dont need too much power

Oh, then how can I set the fans to use an specific amount of power?

29 minutes ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

Hello, everyone!

Im just wondering how should I connect my AIO cooler to my motherboard?

I will use an ID-COOLING Frostflow+ 280 AIO, paired with an ASUS TUF B450M-PRO GAMING mobo.

Said mobo doesnt have many fan headers, and no AIO_pump header.

Should I connect the pump, and the fans to the CPU_Fan header with an Y Splitter?

Or should I connect the AIO fans to an Sys_Fan header?

Thanks in advance!

adapter the pump to molex or sata so it runs at full speed. use a Y splitter for the fans to a CPU header.

I have a kraken X52 and I just connected the pump to CPU_fan and for the fans themselves I daisy chained 2 of them and think I just used SYS_fan on my MoBo. 

It it works all perfectly fine - when under load fans start spinning faster etc. had 0 issues.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

52 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

adapter the pump to molex or sata so it runs at full speed. use a Y splitter for the fans to a CPU header.

So, should I get an 3pin-Molex adapter, and connect it to the PSU?

2 hours ago, MarcoTheNoob said:

So, should I get an 3pin-Molex adapter, and connect it to the PSU?

Fans to the CPU header with a splitter, and the pump onto any other header. Or directly to the psu. The most beneficial thing to contol is a fan. The pump can go 70-100% all the time.

My R2700XT build:  r7 2700 @4.1 Ghz max 65C - Sapphire Pulse rx 5700xt @1625Mhz 955mV 1300rpm fans, max 82C - Asrock B450 gaming k4 - Gskill Ripjaws 2x8GB @3200mhz CL16 - Be Quiet Straight Power E11 650w - Fractal Meshify C - EK-Kit S240 - NB eLoop 120mm PWM - Be Quiet Shadow Wings 140mm 1000rpm - Bitfenix Spectre LED PWM 120mm - Samsung 250GB 860 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Peripherals:  Acer XF270HBbmiiprzx 144hz 1080p TN - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Coolermaster MK750 - CM Storm Reaper - Logitech G303 - Logitech G502 - Logitech G603

Audio:  Hyperx Cloud Stinger - Samson SR850 - Trust Screamer - Creative Gigaworks T20 II