Can't control fans (RTX 2070)

Noahwh

Ok so I just got a brand new gigabyte rtx 2070 windforce graphics card, upgrading from my old asus geforce gtx 1060 card, and now I'm not able to control the fans or even set a fan curve on this new card using either msi afterburner precision OC, or even the aorus engine itself. For instance, when I open up heaven benchmark my fans will start to kick up and then they will never go back down. My fans were even running at 100% while on 28 c temp. I just want to be able to set a curve so that I can stop hearing these extremely loud fans.

Why can't you set the curve? What happens in afterburner? Did you click on the cog icon to make sure it's actually USING the custom fan curve? 

it's just grayed out; the entire fan adjustment module itself is. I uninstalled afterburner and downloaded aorus instead and that didn't do anything

Ok I was finally able to find the issue and it was that one of my fans had been covered by a power cord so i just had to move the cord to the side and it's working exactly how it should be.

• 3 years later...