Brand new XFX RX 580 loosing display output on 80°C...HELP!!

DhruvGhayal

Help... I bought this card yesterday and today it has started showing me problem. It fails to give display output as it reaches 80°C on default clock speed.

I would try and older driver just in case, but if it really shuts the display off at 80 I would return. Why fight with a problem unit forever?

does your display come back when the temps go back down? 

For instance, running a bench like aidi64 stress test until it shuts off, then slapping esc or altf4. Does the display come back on or do you have to hard reboot?

edit - I would use afterburner to chart almost everything and run aida64 and make sure it’s a temp thing. Log both and review the data during the failure / comeback.

5 hours ago, Loadent said:

I would try and older driver just in case, but if it really shuts the display off at 80 I would return. Why fight with a problem unit forever?

For instance, running a bench like aidi64 stress test until it shuts off, then slapping esc or altf4. Does the display come back on or do you have to hard reboot?

edit - I would use afterburner to chart almost everything and run aida64 and make sure it’s a temp thing. Log both and review the data during the failure / comeback.

Yes as temps goes normal display turns on and I tried to lower down the clock but not worth it, so yes I am returning this card and will buy new one after CES 2019.

id return and exchange that card....all thats going to be is problem after problem as time goes by

10 hours ago, Loadent said:

Ok wait I just ran valley benchmark on 8k ultra settings, it is running well, my gpu temp is 90°C but still working fine.

• 1 year later...
On 12/24/2018 at 6:05 PM, DhruvGhayal said:

Ok wait I just ran valley benchmark on 8k ultra settings, it is running well, my gpu temp is 90°C but still working fine.

Hello, is ur GPU still working fine ?