sigh! pc underperforming

atg117

hi guys so i have been having isseus with assassins creed odyssey performace issues i posted this on ltt and someone asked me to do a benchmark and well my cpu is underperforming by quite a bit,

UserBenchmarks: Game 37%, Desk 28%, Work 28%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 28.1%
GPU: AMD RX 580 - 67%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 98.1%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 73.3%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING

so my cpu is doing very bad, all my componensts are new and under warrenty so i can take it back.

what i need someone to do is to help me to find out if my cpu is faulty or not.

so my cpu is watter cooled by a coolermaster 120mm fan i have two fans at the front and the are at full speed my cpu cooler and top fan is at half speed. i have done a stress test on my cpu with prime 95 and all was ok no graphical issues or anything and i ran this for about 5 hours and the temp said max was 35 degress, i thought this was ok when i asked my friend he said that should be ok, but i have posted on another form  about this and they said that my mobo temp sensor is fried, and a cpu woulnt be able to run at this temp under stess test, so is my cpu faulty might be hard to identify without accurate temps, should i send both back or should i send my mobo back first then see if my cpu is thermal throttel. so do you think my cpu is a issue and underperforming should i send it back with the mobo

now i can run call of duty black ops 4 at high settings at about 60fps but the fps flucuates from mid 30s to about 70-80 depending on situation this also happens with overwatch it can run from anywere from 95-120

and assassins creed runs at 25fps but that is a issue i am having with ubisoft support

as

and aslo about once per gaming sech my fps jitters about from like 15-40 rapidy and my latency is shot up hight 120-150 dont know if this is a issue related or not

userbenchmark might not be the best point of reference.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

userbenchmark might not be the best point of reference.

what would you recomend for bench

are you running in dual channel? 

the benchmark shows high background cpu usage. check for viruses and other apps running in the background hogging the cou. 

update drivers

Something is wrong here. I can’t see how you can be running prime95 for hours and have a temp of 35’c. Most systems can not idle at 35.

Did you change your bios voltage and undervolt?

18 minutes ago, atg117 said:

what would you recomend for bench

cinebench is useful for cpu only test

also, please try getting a ssd. these are extremly usefull and you will never want to go back to hdd's ever again. 

12 minutes ago, atg117 said:

User benchmark is not very useful, probably use firestrike or something

Just OC your CPU to like 3800mhz at 1.3-1.35V

Reinstall windows to rule out any software issues

Turn down shadows/AA or any other CPU heavy settings

https://www.pcgamer.com/performance-guide-what-you-need-for-60fps-in-assassins-creed-odyssey/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, saksham said:

are you running in dual channel? 

the benchmark shows high background cpu usage. check for viruses and other apps running in the background hogging the cou. 

update drivers

it is dual 3000mhz i checked task manager there isnt much that is use the cpu nothing that would impct it that badly  and driver are up to date

Try more monitoring software's for your heat, something is defiantly not measuring your temps right for you to be doing stressing but have temps that are typical for an idling CPU.

Try running AIDA64 for 20-30 mins and check the temps. Should be pretty high (a lot more than 35)

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

3 minutes ago, Loadent said:

Something is wrong here. I can’t see how you can be running prime95 for hours and have a temp of 35’c. Most systems can not idle at 35.

Did you change your bios voltage and undervolt?

my temp senser dont work right

1 minute ago, atg117 said:

it is dual 3000mhz i checked task manager there isnt much that is use the cpu nothing that would impct it that badly  and driver are up to date

image.png.065a0ee436d48b6a6d3e7fe5765172e6.png

3 minutes ago, saksham said:

cinebench is useful for cpu only test

thank i will use that

2 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

Try more monitoring software's for your heat, something is defiantly not measuring your temps right for you to be doing stressing but have temps that are typical for an idling CPU.

yeah my mobo cpu temp sensor is broken

my temp senser dont work right

I would start with that. If your over temp and your cpu is throttling, it would explain your shifty performance.

need read world numbers

do you mean that you checked task manager for dual channel or task manager for cpu usage?

3 minutes ago, atg117 said:

Just now, saksham said:

do you mean that you checked task manager for dual channel or task manager for cpu usage?

sorry for cpu usage only at 2%

11 minutes ago, saksham said:

did you check mobo uefi update?

yeah i have updated it about 3 days ago to see if that was causeing a issue its not weird hu

13 minutes ago, Loadent said:

I would start with that. If your over temp and your cpu is throttling, it would explain your shifty performance.

need read world numbers

i thot so you think i should send cpu and mobo back for new ones

15 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

Try running AIDA64 for 20-30 mins and check the temps. Should be pretty high (a lot more than 35)

the broken cpu temp will make it hard need to rma the mobo

the broken cpu temp will make it hard need to rma the mobo

its probably the mobo fault for all the slowdowns. if you look at the benchmarks, there are 2 distinct "bumps" in the memory results. that shows that there is a configuration issue with ram in the mobo. please rma the mobo if you can. if they wont rma it, try returning it and get a new one. 

9 minutes ago, saksham said:

its probably the mobo fault for all the slowdowns. if you look at the benchmarks, there are 2 distinct "bumps" in the memory results. that shows that there is a configuration issue with ram in the mobo. please rma the mobo if you can. if they wont rma it, try returning it and get a new one. 

ok man thanks for the help i have now idea of what has been wrong thanks agian for thr help