New Phone.

Anonymous12

Should I buy "OnePlus" 6T Mclaren edition or wait a new OnePlus phone release, or just buy a Iphone XS?

well, it all depends on what you want from your phone. i mean, the differences between the XS and the 6T are astronomical.

do you prefer IOS or Android, and why would you go for the absurdly expensive options like the mclaren edition and the XS?

I prefer Android because i'm working as a engineer for a company and all the apps in the company have is working on android. And because i have a good wage and that's why i go for expensive options.

1 hour ago, Anonymous12 said:

I prefer Android because i'm working as a engineer for a company and all the apps in the company have is working on android. And because i have a good wage and that's why i go for expensive options.

You already know what you want then.

I know but i have two option wait to OnePlus new release or buy Mclaren edition.

18 hours ago, Anonymous12 said:

I know but i have two option wait to OnePlus new release or buy Mclaren edition.

Same diff LOL. 

18 hours ago, Anonymous12 said:

There's really no point to the McLaren edition.  You won't use the extra RAM, and the cosmetic changes will be irrelevant if you slap a case on it (which you probably should).  I'd rather get the regular 6T and save that money for an earlier upgrade.

On this note: as an iPhone XS user I'd say it's better than the OnePlus 6T in key respects (camera quality, CPU speed, screen resolution, face unlock), but not so much so that it's worth giving up your company's apps -- unless there are iOS versions, of course.

9 hours ago, Commodus said:

There's really no point to the McLaren edition.  You won't use the extra RAM, and the cosmetic changes will be irrelevant if you slap a case on it (which you probably should).  I'd rather get the regular 6T and save that money for an earlier upgrade.

On this note: as an iPhone XS user I'd say it's better than the OnePlus 6T in key respects (camera quality, CPU speed, screen resolution, face unlock), but not so much so that it's worth giving up your company's apps -- unless there are iOS versions, of course.

Yes. But it’s more of an impulse buy. I see where the OP is coming from. They can easily afford the McLaren edition so why not? 

On 12/22/2018 at 2:51 PM, Anonymous12 said:

There's always something better just around the corner, especially with OnePlus. If you need a phone now, buy now. If you can wait, wait.
Pretty much that simple.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 12/22/2018 at 10:51 PM, Anonymous12 said:

OnePlus has a release every 1/2 year so you can wait forever.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

14 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Yes. But it’s more of an impulse buy. I see where the OP is coming from. They can easily afford the McLaren edition so why not? 

It just strikes me as a particularly wasteful impulse buy.  Unless you really, really like the look of the phone or the McLaren badge, why spend hundreds of extra dollars?  It's fine if he does, but so far it sounds more like he wants to buy the McLaren phone simply because he has the money to get it, not because he'd actually appreciate the 10GB of RAM or the McLaren theming.

it's true, 10gb instead of 8 will have virtually no difference at the moment, sadly (i wish, they WOULD utalize that somehow. Ram cache? yes pls..).

MAYBE in 2-3 years, it COULD provide somewhat of a difference if you poweruse it enough.. Just like 8gb > 6gb today.

BUT: It DOES make sense to buy the mc laren edition over the regular one. It's "only" 70 bucks more expensive, and even if you completely ignore the 10gb Ram it has, you still get:

- a sexy Design with orange accents, and a slight tint of Carbon texture under the Glas

- a Oneplus Carbon Protective Case worth 30 bucks (this alone reduces the price difference to only 40 Bucks)

- the newer Warp Charge 30, aka 30 Watt charging, which is noticeable faster. 0% to 100% is done in around 60 minutes, instead of 90. You get the same Juice in in 20 minutes, that would take you 30~ otherwise). Even faster charging makes the lack of wireless charging even less relevant, since you will plug it in while you go poop, and it has enough for the whole day lol.

- A nicer package, a Limited edition Design (that will also have a higher resale value), a nice piece of Carbon from an actual mcLaren

Tbh, taking the case into account, these 40 bucks more.. If i went for the 256gb Version, i would also order the McLaren edition instead of the boring Midnight Black one.

The faster Charging alone would be worth it.

If you do NOT need 256gb, and 128 is plenty for you, you either get the base model, or "go up" these 30 bucks to the 8gb Ram version, that also comes with a matte Midnight Black, and a matte Thunder Purple as a gradient color, also making it kinda "unique" looking (which still can be seen through the transparent Case included in the box). Then it would be 120 bucks more (or 150 from base model) to get double internal storage, unique limited design, a faster Charging, 

Still: Oneplus 7 will come in may 2019 (6t came out 1 1/2 Months ago). If you can wait for that, it will of course be better than the 6t. If you want/need a phone now, get the 6t.

The 6t is still pretty much among the fastest Smartphones on the Market right now, and for several Youtube Reviewers (including MKBHD) the best overall package of the year, the most interesting for them, their favourite, their "MVP" whatever you wanna call it.

it's just... Like people said here, there is ALWAYS something around the corner.

Of course OP 7 will be better than 6t.

But then the 7t 5-6 months later will be even better than 7. And so on.

The 6t will NOT be a worse phone than it is today, just because the 7 launched. If you get the 6t, be happy untill spring/summer 2020, and then maybe check out the Oneplus 8. Giving Oneplus more time to refine their camera even further, and increasing chances, that Oneplus might add USB C 3.1 (instead 2.0), wireless charging (i personally don't need that at all with dash/warp charge), maybe an even better 1080p Screen or finally 1440p, stereo speakers (or even move the mono speakers to the other side.. this positioning is so bad lol), or maybe use a vibration motor that's not one of the worst of every smartphone in the last 7 years.

I'm sure, Oneplus 8 will check more of these boxes than Onepus 7 will.

TL;DR: You can wait forever untill you die. Smartphones, same as Computer hardware: Buy when you need/want it, and be happy with it. Unless something new (that you actually want) is literaly <1 Month around the corner or something.