Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have problem with my asus rog laptop.

 Share

Hello. My asus rog laptop with nvidia 950m 16gb ram i7-4720hq is extremely laggy and unusable after i have reinstalled operating system a couple of times.I had windows 10 and i formated the drive and i installed 7 ultimate and the pc was working very fast and all games ran great but my graphics driver from nvidia sometimes dissapeard and my card was not detected. After reboot it was fixed. After 5 minutes same problem. I installed windows 7 again and same thing is happening so i install it one more time and this time i have uninstalled nvidia driver using driver uninstaller and install the driver and still same problem but now the laptop is extremely slow and i can barely open chrome it takes like 30 seconds then the mouse lags. The ssd is fine i swap to my other laptop and its very fast so its not the ssd and i have no idea what happened all i can do is install windows again but its slow no matter what. Does anybody know a trick to help me or refresh the pc somehow? Thanks

Edited by AStri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

how old is it? has it taken significant physical damage recently? like a hard drop or something? has it been running very hot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, saksham said:

how old is it? has it taken significant physical damage recently? like a hard drop or something? has it been running very hot?

Laptop was made in 2015 and I haven’t dropped it And its not hot like i turn on the laptop and it turns on slower than usual and its completely fine for about 30 seconds then my screen sometimes blinks and then it becomes unusable so im dissapoited and just turn it off i have no idea how this happened

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you cleaned the fans out?  My last laptop had problems when the fan died and I didn't realize it.  If you can check your temps or listen for the fan that might be an indicator, but I  would open it up and check.  Spin the fan and check if it moves freely.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, saksham said:

does it get used lightly or for hardcore 24/7 workloads? frequent power cycles?

It was used often and big load but then i stopped using it for a month and i wanted to try to make it run better and i installed windows 7 and it ran good with no issue but my graphics drivers kept dissapearing after reboot they were back again and after 5 minutes they are gone again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

Have you cleaned the fans out?  My last laptop had problems when the fan died and I didn't realize it.  If you can check your temps or listen for the fan that might be an indicator, but I  would open it up and check.  Spin the fan and check if it moves freely.  

I have diss assembled it a couple of times its clean as it gets. Its not the fan or overheating because after i boot the laptop its slow from like 30 seconds after booting and it takes twice as long to boot as before too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried installing windows 10 but the laptop is so laggy the media creation tool cant even open 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

update gpu drivers? update windows? get windows 10(maybe is a windows 7 bug)? update gpu bios? these are tips i can think of of the top of my head (in no particular order)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have 8GB RAM and SSD?

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AStri said:

I tried installing windows 10 but the laptop is so laggy the media creation tool cant even open 

try installing linux and see if its still laggy, try to do this before you try the options i mentioned above

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, saksham said:

update gpu drivers? update windows? get windows 10(maybe is a windows 7 bug)? update gpu bios? these are tips i can think of of the top of my head (in no particular order)

Updating gpu drivers doesnt work. I have newest drivers and if i launch a game my screen blinks and nvidia controll panel is gone and my graphics card is gone from device manager. I cant install windows 10 the app wont launch the laptop is too laggy. And i dont know what is gpu bios

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Do you have 8GB RAM and SSD?

I have 8 from factory but i put in 16 and i had hdd from factory and i put in ssd. Its not ram or hard drive i have couple ssd and hdd drives and alot of ram sticks i have 6 laptops and its all the same its not the drive or ram.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AStri said:

Updating gpu drivers doesnt work. I have newest drivers and if i launch a game my screen blinks and nvidia controll panel is gone and my graphics card is gone from device manager. I cant install windows 10 the app wont launch the laptop is too laggy. And i dont know what is gpu bios

https://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html

^ i am not sure how to use it and it is quite risky (potential brick).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

My laptop was working fine with no issue then something happened and i dont know what but it started working slowly and when i boot the laptop cpu usage is at 30% and it stays there so maybe some apps running but there is nothing in task maneger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AStri said:

Its not nvidia problem because my laptop has good intel graphics it should be able to run without issues on integrated graphics :(

try installing linux. if you have stuff installed in windows 10, try dual boot into linux

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, saksham said:

try installing linux. if you have stuff installed in windows 10, try dual boot into linux

I have no idea how linux works :/ the laptop might be broken because no matter what ssd i boot it from its slow as hell and intried windows 10 and it doesnt want to start windows 10 i just see black screen and a - blinking in the top left of the screen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

you said you had a second pc. use that to instal windows 10 on the ssd and put it back into the broken one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, saksham said:

you said you had a second pc. use that to instal windows 10 on the ssd and put it back into the broken one

I will try that now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

if this doesnt work, just install linux. the desktop is very simple. you just need it to try if it lags.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

finally, if none of this works. i think i know why. this problem actually happened in mac's a few years back. the GPU has lost contact with the motherboard. the high load that you mentioned is probably the reason. very unlikely, but its possible. 

I have linked a article and a linus video on how to fix it. *only attempt this if you are willing to risk destroying your laptop*. 

 

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3678804/fix-macbook-pro-graphics-card-issues.html

^ mac book issue

 

this video uses a desktop gpu as an example, but it should work for many things. also, dont use an oven like he did but use a heat gun like the article above shows. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, saksham said:

finally, if none of this works. i think i know why. this problem actually happened in mac's a few years back. the GPU has lost contact with the motherboard. the high load that you mentioned is probably the reason. very unlikely, but its possible. 

I have linked a article and a linus video on how to fix it. *only attempt this if you are willing to risk destroying your laptop*. 

 

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3678804/fix-macbook-pro-graphics-card-issues.html

^ mac book issue

 

this video uses a desktop gpu as an example, but it should work for many things. also, dont use an oven like he did but use a heat gun like the article above shows. 

 

This might have happened but still i dont get why my intel hd graphics cant run the laptop like shouldnt it be able to run normally use chrome and things? Not gaming but simple tasks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, saksham said:

finally, if none of this works. i think i know why. this problem actually happened in mac's a few years back. the GPU has lost contact with the motherboard. the high load that you mentioned is probably the reason. very unlikely, but its possible. 

I have linked a article and a linus video on how to fix it. *only attempt this if you are willing to risk destroying your laptop*. 

 

http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id-3678804/fix-macbook-pro-graphics-card-issues.html

^ mac book issue

 

this video uses a desktop gpu as an example, but it should work for many things. also, dont use an oven like he did but use a heat gun like the article above shows. 

 

Also when the laptop runs very slow for about 10 minutes it just shuts off. Not from overheating its cold but looks like from i dont know when i try to run 5 games at a time like it just crashed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×