how to chosse a 2070

Raullg95

I want to upgrade my pc and I have come to the conclusion that a 2070 is my best choice, but I don't know how to choose between the different options, can anyone help?

I will use it primordially for 3D rendering in Blender, in Cycles and Eevee(i know it still have no support for it, but I plan to compile it in meanwhile)

I choose a 2070 because is in my budget and I wanted a new graphics card.

Thanks for any help :) 

What's the rest of your PC specs?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

You sure you don't want a 1080 ti off eBay? The prices are very favorable right now.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, Raullg95 said:

I want to upgrade my pc and I have come to the conclusion that a 2070 is my best choice, but I don't know how to choose between the different options, can anyone help?

I will use it primordially for 3D rendering in Blender, in Cycles and Eevee(i know it still have no support for it, but I plan to compile it in meanwhile)

I choose a 2070 because is in my budget and I wanted a new graphics card.

Thanks for any help :)

You don't

what budget/country?

Are you doing any gaming?

Buy a used 1080ti instead most likely, or a Used Vega FE card as it has 16GBs of VRAM and that may be useful for blender, not 100% on that, 1080ti probably safer.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

You don't

what budget/country?

Are you doing any gaming?

Buy a used 1080ti instead most likely, or a Used Vega FE card as it has 16GBs of VRAM and that may be useful for blender, not 100% on that, 1080ti probably safer.

budget, a max of 600$, country Costa Rica but I will buy it in the US, gaming, not my main objective but I will game on it but yes, I not sure about buying a used one I don't live in the US and I am afraid of having any trouble without warranty

15 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You sure you don't want a 1080 ti off eBay? The prices are very favorable right now.

I wanted a 1080 ti originally, but I don't want to try my luck in the used market. I don't live in the US so any trouble could take months to resolve

6 minutes ago, Raullg95 said:

budget, a max of 600$, country Costa Rica but I will buy it in the US, gaming, not my main objective but I will game on it but yes, I not sure about buying a used one I don't live in the US and I am afraid of having any trouble without warranty

1080tis with decent coolers are going for just under $600
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-1080ti-GPU/233031572108?epid=2203405686&hash=item3641c39a8c:g:k60AAOSwpLdcBWES:rk:9:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

If you don't need more than 8GBs of VRAM you can almost get away with just buying 2 RX 580s(and getting 4 extra game codes...send me RE 2 remake plz.) Assuming you have a decent PSU, RX 580s are hovering around $200 each now

Otherwise buy a 1070ti instead of a 2070 for sure

As blender scales perfectly with GPUs pretty much

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

What's the rest of your PC specs?

ASRock: B85 Killer

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 24 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 720(the one that I want to replace)

PS: I don't remember the brand but is a 1000W

14 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

1080tis with decent coolers are going for just under $600
https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-1080ti-GPU/233031572108?epid=2203405686&hash=item3641c39a8c:g:k60AAOSwpLdcBWES:rk:9:pf:0&LH_BIN=1

If you don't need more than 8GBs of VRAM you can almost get away with just buying 2 RX 580s(and getting 4 extra game codes...send me RE 2 remake plz.) Assuming you have a decent PSU, RX 580s are hovering around $200 each now

Otherwise buy a 1070ti instead of a 2070 for sure

As blender scales perfectly with GPUs pretty much

thanks for the suggestion I will check it up, but one more question, why 1070ti over the 2070?

6 minutes ago, Raullg95 said:

thanks for the suggestion I will check it up, but one more question, why 1070ti over the 2070?

probably because you can't SLi the 2070s and as you're going to be using blender, having the ability to add more cards when the prices start dropping on them is a definite plus

Sorry if I'm putting words into your mouth @Streetguru 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

12 minutes ago, Raullg95 said:

3 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

probably because you can't SLi the 2070s and as you're going to be using blender, having the ability to add more cards when the prices start dropping on them is a definite plus

Sorry if I'm putting words into your mouth @Streetguru 

You don't use SLI for blender or rendering programs, you can throw any combination of GPUs into it

The 1070ti just has like 90-95% of the 2070's performance for less money, you just have to overclock it to 1900-2000mhz manually.

The 1070ti is basically equal to the 1080

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You don't use SLI for blender or rendering programs, you can throw any combination of GPUs into it

The 1070ti just has like 90-95% of the 2070's performance for less money, you just have to overclock it to 1900-2000mhz manually.

The 1070ti is basically equal to the 1080

thank you that was a great video, I will think more about decision :)