Mouse Recommendations?

ch3w2oy
Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,
31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id stay off Razer as the sensor they use

Be more specific..which mouse?

OP..here are the list of mouse that fits your criteria.

1.Steelseries Rival 500
+Great sensor
+lots of button
-The material feels cheap/plasticy but solid

2.Razer naga trinity

+Switchable side button (the side button can be changed and it comes with 3 of them)

+Great sensor
-Expensive

3.Roccat nyth
+Modular 12 side button (each button are removable)
-BIG

-User laser sensor

4.Roccat Leadr
+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+Wireless
+RGB Goodness
-The battery life aren't the best 2-3 days with the lightning on
-Expensive

5.Scimitar Pro RGB

+Lots of button
+Side button can be moved by sliding it

+Great sensor
+RGB

-Big (not a big issue if you have a large hand)
-Kinda expensive

Or you can go to my guide and straight to the mice recommendation section

I'm absolutely in love with my logitech g305

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

7 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I'm absolutely in love with my logitech g305

I really wanted everything on my desk corsair /: might order the Dark Core RGB SE from corsair and see which one I like more. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

2 minutes ago, tomswife said:

I really wanted everything on my desk corsair /: might order the Dark Core RGB SE from corsair and see which one I like more. 

I wanted to do corsair, too, but their mice don't appeal to me for heavy csgo gaming. My mouse can do around 200 hours on 1 AA alkaline battery, and closer to 250 on a AA lithium battery.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

6 hours ago, tomswife said:

So I ordered the G502. They honestly all look small. I liked the Tyron and the steelseries rival 500 but they just seemed small. I can't really tell online. Made sure to order through Amazon in case I need to return it.. 

What? No..Rival 500 and Tyon/Leadr are both a BIG mouse

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 hours ago, mxk. said:

I wanted to do corsair, too, but their mice don't appeal to me for heavy csgo gaming. My mouse can do around 200 hours on 1 AA alkaline battery, and closer to 250 on a AA lithium battery.

I already have to use ICUE so it would have been nice, and I ordered the M300 Corsair mousepad, but if the Logitech is better then it's not a big deal.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

21 minutes ago, tomswife said:

I already have to use ICUE so it would have been nice, and I ordered the M300 Corsair mousepad, but if the Logitech is better then it's not a big deal.

You should probably look into the whole hand size and grip thing, if you care. I took it really seriously since my old mouse probably wasn't the right fit for my hand.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 hour ago, mxk. said:

You should probably look into the whole hand size and grip thing, if you care. I took it really seriously since my old mouse probably wasn't the right fit for my hand.

I do care. I'm going to best buy today to see if I can try any. The way I hold my g602, my index finger is always over the wheel and I hold the mouse at kind of an angle so the two buttons on the top left are hard for me to click. I think I need to start holding it differently because I like those buttons.

Should my middle finger be over the wheel? It just came natural for me to hold it that way but I need to take advantage of the buttons more than I do..

@Hiya! Thoughts? 

20 minutes ago, tomswife said:

I do care. I'm going to best buy today to see if I can try any. The way I hold my g602, my index finger is always over the wheel and I hold the mouse at kind of an angle so the two buttons on the top left are hard for me to click. I think I need to start holding it differently because I like those buttons.

Should my middle finger be over the wheel? It just came natural for me to hold it that way but I need to take advantage of the buttons more than I do..

@Hiya! Thoughts? 

when I play csgo, I use scroll wheel to jump, and when I scroll down I actually use my pointer finger, just because I'm used to right clicking with my middle finger. Its your choice how you grip it, I do what works for me so if you feel you can adjust to gripping different so you can use the buttons, try it out. 

My brother still uses his g602 and I think he ended up using the side buttons more than the two buttons by left click. 

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 hours ago, mxk. said:

when I play csgo, I use scroll wheel to jump, and when I scroll down I actually use my pointer finger, just because I'm used to right clicking with my middle finger. Its your choice how you grip it, I do what works for me so if you feel you can adjust to gripping different so you can use the buttons, try it out. 

My brother still uses his g602 and I think he ended up using the side buttons more than the two buttons by left click. 

Picked up the Dark Core RGB SE. I have to at least try the corsair so I can keep the same eco system going on. Plus it'll match my mouse pad lol. Feels pretty close to the G602 so I think I'll be happy.. 

So glad I didn't order a Razor. They feel like cheap light plastic, to me at least. And the Elite was $84, not really sure why, doesn't go towards build quality. Corsair feels way better. 

1 hour ago, tomswife said:

Picked up the Dark Core RGB SE. I have to at least try the corsair so I can keep the same eco system going on. Plus it'll match my mouse pad lol. Feels pretty close to the G602 so I think I'll be happy.. 

So glad I didn't order a Razor. They feel like cheap light plastic, to me at least. And the Elite was $84, not really sure why, doesn't go towards build quality. Corsair feels way better. 

Good choice. I've never actually bought a corsair mouse but they make solid stuff.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

4 hours ago, tomswife said:

iya! Thoughts? 

Click the first link on my signature..once you there scroll down to the mouse recommendation section. There you can find way to measure your hand for the mouse so it would fit on your hand and you could choose the mice from each category..mice are sorted by brands but i havent update the guide yet..so newer mice might not be available

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

28 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Click the first link on my signature..once you there scroll down to the mouse recommendation section. There you can find way to measure your hand for the mouse so it would fit on your hand and you could choose the mice from each category..mice are sorted by brands but i havent update the guide yet..so newer mice might not be available

Thank a lot! You really put a lot of effort towards that, much appreciated! 

12 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Thank a lot! You really put a lot of effort towards that, much appreciated! 

Welp that's the only thing i am good at soo...your welcome and i hope you'll find the right mouse.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

@mxk. @Hiya!

So I got the Dark Core RGB from Corsair and I will be returning it, lol. The front button on the side is just too hard to press and when you do theres like no feedback click to let you know you clicked it. And the middle click (wheel) is so hard to press that I wouldn't even end up using it. If anyone reads this, don't get it. This is coming from someone who really wanted to make Corsair work as that's my current eco system. I rather have a better mouse at this point, though. The Corsair M65 Pro RGB is awesome if you don't need the buttons like I want, Im not sure if middle click is same, though, that's the only button I didn't test at best buy, lol. I figured they were all similar, so I guess that's what I get. 

So I ordered the Tyon. After looking at many this seems like the best for me, with the placement of buttons. My middle finger lingers right on the edge of the right click so those two extra buttons will be awesome for me. The left click side (where two buttons are) are harder for me to use for some reason. I don't care about the dpi being that high so 8,000 will be plenty.

Man, I wanted to keep Corsair so bad. ICUE works so good for me. Fuck. 

On 12/20/2018 at 3:13 AM, Hiya! said:

Be more specific..which mouse?

OP..here are the list of mouse that fits your criteria.

4.Roccat Leadr
+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+Wireless
+RGB Goodness
-The battery life aren't the best 2-3 days with the lightning on
-Expensive

Or you can go to my guide and straight to the mice recommendation section

Just want to add. The Roccat Leadr is wireless, the exact same wired version of it is Roccat Tyon. I use it because the additional buttons suits my purposes and style while I prefer wired mouse than wireless ones.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

4 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Just want to add. The Roccat Leadr is wireless, the exact same wired version of it is Roccat Tyon. I use it because the additional buttons suits my purposes and style while I prefer wired mouse than wireless ones.

The tyon really does seem the best for me. If you read my post above you'll see I chose that one in the end, too lol. It's not the same, the tyon has a cheaper laser sensor and the leadr has an optical sensor. I should still be fine with that, after all, it's better than the g602 I was using, and that was plenty. 

4 hours ago, tomswife said:

The tyon really does seem the best for me. If you read my post above you'll see I chose that one in the end, too lol. It's not the same, the tyon has a cheaper laser sensor and the leadr has an optical sensor. I should still be fine with that, after all, it's better than the g602 I was using, and that was plenty. 

Correct, I forgot to mention about the sensor, and the Tyon has laser but it works wonder for me. The additional buttons are almost similar to my previouse Logitech G300S but offers much more convenience with same functionality. Optical sensor might be the best type of sensor, but what I like about laser sensor is it can work on any desk surface type including glossy surfaces. I'm grateful of my mouse upgrade from Logitech G300S to Roccat Tyon, it complements my certain needs very well.. No complains no regrets..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

4 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Correct, I forgot to mention about the sensor, and the Tyon has laser but it works wonder for me. The additional buttons are almost similar to my previouse Logitech G300S but offers much more convenience with same functionality. Optical sensor might be the best type of sensor, but what I like about laser sensor is it can work on any desk surface type including glossy surfaces. I'm grateful of my mouse upgrade from Logitech G300S to Roccat Tyon, it complements my certain needs very well.. No complains no regrets..

Yea, it looks like a great mouse! I've read a few posts online where people complain about it having buggy software, like taking a while to apply settings, driver issues, or the Tyon not having updates like the more expensive Roccats. But it doesn't seem like a huge issue, if one at all. Are all the buttons, ladies, and fins programmable to whatever you want?

19 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Yea, it looks like a great mouse! I've read a few posts online where people complain about it having buggy software, like taking a while to apply settings, driver issues, or the Tyon not having updates like the more expensive Roccats. But it doesn't seem like a huge issue, if one at all. Are all the buttons, ladies, and fins programmable to whatever you want?

The software indeed takes a moment to apply the settings, but once all set, it's good to go without any issue when I'm actually using it.. This kind of drawbacks are easily negligible..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

13 hours ago, tomswife said:

No its not..602 use AM010 without gyro and accelerometer compared to G402..The sensor on the tyon is terrible..believe me i have tried..even Zay from Rocketjumpninja reviewed the mouse and conclude that its must be avoided for gamers..if you still insist then be my guest because i myself have tried it.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

15 hours ago, tomswife said:

So I ordered the Tyon.

Welp..goodluck with the sensor performance..i hope its good enough for you because for me..its not..i would rather use the G100s from billion years ago by logitech

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

16 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Welp..goodluck with the sensor performance..i hope its good enough for you because for me..its not..i would rather use the G100s from billion years ago by logitech

It's worse the g602 I was using? I don't need super high dpi, is it like unresponsive or something? I'll cancel it right now and order the AIMO or the g502. I love the button setup on the tyon but really don't want to spend the money for the Leadr. I play csgo and will be getting into more games so I really don't want something that's going to sacrifice performance. The Tyon has decent reviews, and the bad ones are complaining about software or driver issues, I haven't seen any about performance.. 

What about the Kova? That has buttons on that side too.. 

I'm genuinely interested so please help and thanks for your time! 

10 hours ago, tomswife said:

It's worse the g602 I was using? I don't need super high dpi, is it like unresponsive or something? I'll cancel it right now and order the AIMO or the g502. I love the button setup on the tyon but really don't want to spend the money for the Leadr. I play csgo and will be getting into more games so I really don't want something that's going to sacrifice performance. The Tyon has decent reviews, and the bad ones are complaining about software or driver issues, I haven't seen any about performance.. 

10 hours ago, Hiya! said:

@tomswife Have you tried Logitech G300S? Its additional buttons layout almost similar with Tyon, 2500 DPI optical sensor and it's super cheap, if you want to try it. The Logitech G300S is the best cheap gaming mouse.

I moved to Roccat Tyon is because it has better convenience additional buttons layout and higher DPI, I'm having no problems about the sensor, because it proves me help increase my hit ratio in my game I played since I move from G300S to Tyon.

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

11 hours ago, tomswife said:

You..y..you really haven't througly read my mouse buying guide have you?

Ok just to sum up everything about laser sensor..Unlike optical that only track the top of the surface you are using, Laser track deep down into the surface.

You think its good right? the answer is no.

You see your CMOS sensor on your mouse or you in general didn't really care about that. All you want is to move your cursor with great accuracy and precision.

Optical only track the top of the surface hence in most scenarios it would give the sensor just enough information about the surface its track.

Laser will track down into the surface revealing so much detail for the sensor to work on and often just give the sensor an unnecessary information to work with and most of that would create a lot of noise on the image and cause inconsistency in its tracking.

Now that is good because it made the sensor capable on tracking on any surface but when we are talking about gaming performance..it will fail you especially in fast pace games such as FPS.

You don't believe me welp..you could try one if you are happen to have or have the chance to.

But still idk what kind of player you are and your feelings when it comes to sensor performance so it might work for you heck i don't know..

1 hour ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

because it proves me help increase my hit ratio in my game I played since I move from G300S to Tyon.

Good for you.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

11 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Unlike optical that only track the top of the surface you are using, Laser track deep down into the surface.

You think its good right? the answer is no.

I'm having a different story here, maybe because of my desk surface is glass which sits on a plain opaque resin table, so I feel the tracking is consistent enough for me to snapshots and do some pixel shots in World of Tanks. Might be different story for OP needs and uses.

11 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Good for you.

Yes.. Maybe because my mousepad surface is not silky smooth which sometimes makes me just take it off and glide the Tyon on my glass desktop instead..

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs: