Mouse Recommendations?

ch3w2oy
Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,
31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id stay off Razer as the sensor they use

Be more specific..which mouse?

OP..here are the list of mouse that fits your criteria.

1.Steelseries Rival 500
+Great sensor
+lots of button
-The material feels cheap/plasticy but solid

2.Razer naga trinity

+Switchable side button (the side button can be changed and it comes with 3 of them)

+Great sensor
-Expensive

3.Roccat nyth
+Modular 12 side button (each button are removable)
-BIG

-User laser sensor

4.Roccat Leadr
+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+Wireless
+RGB Goodness
-The battery life aren't the best 2-3 days with the lightning on
-Expensive

5.Scimitar Pro RGB

+Lots of button
+Side button can be moved by sliding it

+Great sensor
+RGB

-Big (not a big issue if you have a large hand)
-Kinda expensive

Or you can go to my guide and straight to the mice recommendation section

1 minute ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I'm having a different story here, maybe because of my desk surface is glass which sits on a plain opaque resin table, so I feel the tracking is consistent enough for me to snapshots and do some pixel shots in World of Tanks. Might be different story for OP needs and uses.

Yes.. Maybe because my mousepad surface is not silky smooth which sometimes makes me just take it off and glide the Tyon on my glass desktop instead..

Laser sensor will struggle on the mousepad especially cloth but will work well on a hardpad or hard surface.

But still its much more inferior than optical.

Try with your cloth mousepad and compare it to a hardpad/surface and you'll feel the difference.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

You..y..you really haven't througly read my mouse buying guide have you?

Ok just to sum up everything about laser sensor..Unlike optical that only track the top of the surface you are using, Laser track deep down into the surface.

You think its good right? the answer is no.

You see your CMOS sensor on your mouse or you in general didn't really care about that. All you want is to move your cursor with great accuracy and precision.

Optical only track the top of the surface hence in most scenarios it would give the sensor just enough information about the surface its track.

Laser will track down into the surface revealing so much detail for the sensor to work on and often just give the sensor an unnecessary information to work with and most of that would create a lot of noise on the image and cause inconsistency in its tracking.

Now that is good because it made the sensor capable on tracking on any surface but when we are talking about gaming performance..it will fail you especially in fast pace games such as FPS.

You don't believe me welp..you could try one if you are happen to have or have the chance to.

But still idk what kind of player you are and your feelings when it comes to sensor performance so it might work for you heck i don't know..

Good for you.

I've been on my phone so I only glanced at it briefly, sorry for making you repeat yourself. I did start digging deeper and now understand the problem with the Tyon. The mouse already shipped so I think I'll return it and get the Rival 500 or the Aimo.

If you don't mind, out of the Rival 500, AIMO and the G502, which would be your first pick? Is the Kova worth considering.

I found this, you have to search specifically for tyon sensor problems rather then just reviews, which revealed a lot! 

photo-2017-08-15-18-47-54.jpg

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 hour ago, tomswife said:

If you don't mind, out of the Rival 500, AIMO and the G502, which would be your first pick? Is the Kova worth considering.

I told you it depends on your hand size..mine is very petite which is normal for a female..so i won't choose those three.

I found this, you have to search specifically for tyon sensor problems rather then just reviews, which revealed a lot! 

Yep. thats laser sensor for you..inconsistent tracking issues.

Zy was trying to draw a straight line to test the tracking consistency but just look at that picture.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 12/22/2018 at 10:47 AM, tomswife said:

Someone elses Tyon ^^

My Tyon and Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB:

vs.jpg.8cbadb48838bc74fe1f97aaa58a42647.jpg

(keep in mind this is my first couple hours with the Tyon so my hand has already gotten use to the Corsair, but the difference in the lines should be negligible).

I'm not sure how different the sensors are between the two, or even if the Corsair has a good sensor. But I just got my Tyon today after purchasing the Dark Core Pro RGB (don't get this) and it seems to be working just fine for me. The lines are very similar to the better sensor on the Corsair, but the Tyon is just, idk, awesome. I also ordered the Leadr just in case (gotta love Amazons return policy) and I have already cancelled it (didn't want to spend that type of money anyway). Hopefully the Tyon continues to work well. BTW, the Tyon DOES not have the best software, I like Corsairs and Logitechs more as you can do almost unlimited things with it (button programming wise), maybe I can with this too, but going through it briefly, not as much.

Anyone considering the Tyon, go for it if you're just a casual gamer, if you're a serious gamer, well, I don't know, seems to be fine to me. So far. This is less than a days use so please take this with a grain a salt.

@Hiya! I just wanted to say thanks a lot for the help! I'm going to try the Tyon out for a while and see if I encounter any problems (hopefully I'll know before Jan 31st, Amazons extended holiday return policy) and if so, the Leadr it will be! I just didn't want to pay that much and not try the cheaper option first. I love this button layout, it's exactly what I have been looking for, although I don't care about the thumb paddle, the Shift feature is awesome as you can literally double the amount of buttons you have, it's like holding shift on the keyboard! So thanks again, I did listen to what you said, but I really like this layout and the Leadr is pricey, thanks for introducing me to Roccat!

20181224_164733.jpg.e6d9ed86c02bea19815d60ee32f4af29.jpg

@mxk. @_Hustler_One_

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

Snip

I'm happy that it's working out for you man!

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 hours ago, tomswife said:

My Tyon and Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB:

vs.jpg.8cbadb48838bc74fe1f97aaa58a42647.jpg

(keep in mind this is my first couple hours with the Tyon so my hand has already gotten use to the Corsair, but the difference in the lines should be negligible).

I'm not sure how different the sensors are between the two, or even if the Corsair has a good sensor. But I just got my Tyon today after purchasing the Dark Core Pro RGB (don't get this) and it seems to be working just fine for me. The lines are very similar to the better sensor on the Corsair, but the Tyon is just, idk, awesome. I also ordered the Leadr just in case (gotta love Amazons return policy) and I have already cancelled it (didn't want to spend that type of money anyway). Hopefully the Tyon continues to work well. BTW, the Tyon DOES not have the best software, I like Corsairs and Logitechs more as you can do almost unlimited things with it (button programming wise), maybe I can with this too, but going through it briefly, not as much.

20181224_164733.jpg.e6d9ed86c02bea19815d60ee32f4af29.jpg

Sweet.. That is good for you.. Congratulations!

That is what happen to me also..

My experience with Tyon so far is a blast, my stats in the game I play is improving with this mouse, I can snapshot enemy more, and do long range sniping the enemy weakspot is being easier. It increases my hit ratio. I haven't seen any sensor issue with it.

All the additional buttons layout really gives me the convenience to do quick hit the consumable and survival kits to stay longer in the battle, this layout does a huge help for my needs.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

1 hour ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Sweet.. That is good for you.. Congratulations!

That is what happen to me also..

My experience with Tyon so far is a blast, my stats in the game I play is improving with this mouse, I can snapshot enemy more, and do long range sniping the enemy weakspot is being easier. It increases my hit ratio. I haven't seen any sensor issue with it.

All the additional buttons layout really gives me the convenience to do quick hit the consumable and survival kits to stay longer in the battle, this layout does a huge help for my needs.

I feel the same way, although it's only been a day since I've been using it, it feels like it's going to work out great. I'm really enjoying it so far. The 2 sets of 2 buttons on top of the mouse on either side of the right and left click are awesome, the way they stand up is great as it's super easy to know which button you're clicking whereas every other mouse takes a lot of getting use to, since they're usually flush with each other..

Quick question, though..I tried making a sniper button to slow the mouse down but the only options I'm seeing are to change the DPI "up," "down," or "cycle," between presets that I can configure myself. The problem with this is that I'm already use to holding down a button to adjust the DPI rather than using two different buttons to toggle back and forth. How do you have yours configured? I'm sure if I can't make it one button that there's software I can find through a quick search that will allow me to do it, that's just another program running in the background, though /:

P.S. Thanks for helping me make my final decision!

The 2 sets of 2 buttons on top of the mouse on either side of the right and left click are awesome,

These features are one of the main reasons I moved to Tyon, because my previous mice was Logitech G300S which has that similar sets layout on that position, and Tyon mimic this layout to put theirs plus other buttons and paddles which positioned on perfect spot and much more ergonomic for my hand that makes it hard for me to resist.

813eaXevhtL._SY879_.jpg.cc48149d76f4a214eed012dfe06f2f98.jpg

11867.jpg.abf87ebf51fd042c2e5baf85bbf8f0a3.jpg

Quick question, though..I tried making a sniper button to slow the mouse down but the only options I'm seeing are to change the DPI "up," "down," or "cycle," between presets that I can configure myself. The problem with this is that I'm already use to holding down a button to adjust the DPI rather than using two different buttons to toggle back and forth. How do you have yours configured?

I don't use a sniper button assigned, but the best button I can figure to take that function is the bottom one under the thumb.

Since I don't use sniper button so I did little trick here. I set the mouse on its highest DPI via its software but I set the sensitivity in windows and in game as lowest as it hit my sweet spot preference. That way I have my Tyon glides on its highest DPI all the time but I don't have to deal with that crazy fast running cursor on my monitor, the result was a normal sensitivity/movement with really smooth movements, high precision and accuracy. You must try it..

Long before I found this trick, I was about to grab the Corsair M65 Pro as it has sniper button which appeals to me, but it very lacks of additional buttons I needed like on G300S and Tyon. Fortunately I found this little trick and get G300S instead that works wonder to me, and my level of play improves that pushed me to get a better mouse with higher DPI than G300S and ended up with Tyon which makes me dare to say "No complaints, no regrets!"

My system specs:

Spoiler

My build logs:

9 hours ago, tomswife said:

-snip-

Make sure you turn the angle snapping/drift control/prediction off on the software (if any) because it help the sensor on drawing a straight line by alternating the data on the sensor especially on laser sensor to cover it flaw (not good for aiming) and then test it again.

Also when doing pixel by pixel test aka drawing a straight line..do it very very very very slowly like you are not even look like you are moving your mouse to test the consistency and again you havent test the acceleration because laser suck at that.

I hope it work for you..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]