Mouse Recommendations?

ch3w2oy
Go to solution Solved by Hiya!,
31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id stay off Razer as the sensor they use

Be more specific..which mouse?

OP..here are the list of mouse that fits your criteria.

1.Steelseries Rival 500
+Great sensor
+lots of button
-The material feels cheap/plasticy but solid

2.Razer naga trinity

+Switchable side button (the side button can be changed and it comes with 3 of them)

+Great sensor
-Expensive

3.Roccat nyth
+Modular 12 side button (each button are removable)
-BIG

-User laser sensor

4.Roccat Leadr
+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+Wireless
+RGB Goodness
-The battery life aren't the best 2-3 days with the lightning on
-Expensive

5.Scimitar Pro RGB

+Lots of button
+Side button can be moved by sliding it

+Great sensor
+RGB

-Big (not a big issue if you have a large hand)
-Kinda expensive

Or you can go to my guide and straight to the mice recommendation section

EDIT: Please check here for my final decision.

I want a good one with programmable buttons. My current one is the Logitech G602, but I think it's dying. Do they go bad? The wirelessness of it feels it's just going bad. I thought my computer was freezing during game play but I'm pretty sure it's my mouse locking up. 

I prefer wireless, but if you think corded will last longer or has an advantage, please enlighten me. One with a few extra buttons. Hopefully some rgb but not necessary. The G602 allowed me to adjust the dpi, is that important or is using windows mouse adjuster thing just fine? 

I don't think I want to go over $100 usd.

I'm looking at these (just what I saw on pcpartpicker):

Wired

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ggbkcf/corsair-mouse-ch9300011na

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7RbwrH/logitech-g502-hero-wired-optical-mouse-910-005469#viewImages

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Htqbt6/corsair-scimitar-pro-wired-optical-mouse-ch-9304111-na

Wireless 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jRvbt6/corsair-dark-core-rgb-se-wireless-optical-mouse-ch-9315111-na

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/zQ648d/logitech-mouse-910004558#viewImages

Edited by tomswife

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Idn is Razer an option? Maby look at the Lancehead?

The razer Deathadder elite, razer basilisk or the razer naga trinity the naga has up to 12 also has 7 and 2, the basilisk has 3 deathadder elite feels best because of the groove in the mouse buttons but those are my top 3 favorites for under 100 USD

deathadder https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xgrcCJ/razer-deathadder-elite-wired-optical-mouse-rz01-02010100-r3u1

Naga https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9wc48d/razer-naga-trinity-wired-optical-mouse-rz01-02410100-r3u1 

basaliskhttps://pcpartpicker.com/product/T9x9TW/razer-basilisk-wired-optical-mouse-rz01-02330100-r3u1

3 minutes ago, My2t1c said:

Absolutely. I'm just on my phone right now and didn't feel like looking through Amazon, but I'll check that out now. I have read great things about Razer

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

1 minute ago, tomswife said:

Absolutely. I'm just on my phone right now and didn't feel like looking through Amazon, but I'll check that out now. I have read great things about Razer

eh its kinda a fanboy thing. Either you love Razer or you hate it. Kinda a beef in the Gaming Comunity.

id stay off Razer as the sensor they use(or at least used back in 2015, havent really tested anything newer than that) has enormous wander, its a POS. Also Razer crap is pretty expensive for what you get

My recomendation goes to my main mouse, the G502. Great sensor and all the buttons i want and need at a good price. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

id stay off Razer as the sensor they use(or at least used back in 2015, havent really tested anything newer than that) has enormous wander, its a POS. Also Razer crap is pretty expensive for what you get

My recomendation goes to my main mouse, the G502. Great sensor and all the buttons i want and need at a good price. 

I just got the razer basilisk and you can change the dps and chroma the sensors work great

Zowie EC1-A is by far the bast mouse i've ever owned. I had two razer deathadders from different years, and a logitech g502 the zowie blew them out of the water for me. 

Just now, hypeftwmlg said:

I just got the razer basilisk and you can change the dps and chroma the sensors work great

you can change the dps on literally any respectable mouse, even the cheapo ones from china for $20 anyway. as for the sensor, if you spin it in some nice and round circles, how much does it not do that on the screen? because last time i checked that it was really freaking bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I recomendation goes to my main mouse, the G502. Great sensor and all the buttons i want and need at a good price. 

That one seems to fit the bill perfectly, I love the way it looks too. The g900 chaos I listed is just a couple bucks more and can be wired or wireless, I think it's gong to come down to these two. 

3 minutes ago, tomswife said:

That one seems to fit the bill perfectly, I love the way it looks too. The g900 chaos I listed is just a couple bucks more and can be wired or wireless, I think it's gong to come down to these two. 

id probably get the G900, i wanted it but it was way too expensive and then i got my G502 on a nice sale. either one is a good pick 

Builds:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id probably get the G900, i wanted it but it was way too expensive and then i got my G502 on a nice sale. either one is a good pick 

Is $89 a good deal? I'm not sure what they usually go for as Amazon is the only one listed on pcpartpicker.com.. It says it's on sale, but those have been wrong before.. 

2 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Is $89 a good deal? I'm not sure what they usually go for as Amazon is the only one listed on pcpartpicker.com.. It says it's on sale, but those have been wrong before.. 

duknow what the price in the US is but €90 is what the G900 was, got my G502 for €45

Builds:

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id stay off Razer as the sensor they use

1.Steelseries Rival 500
+Great sensor
+lots of button

2.Razer naga trinity

+Switchable side button (the side button can be changed and it comes with 3 of them)

+Great sensor
-Expensive

3.Roccat nyth
-BIG

-User laser sensor

4.Roccat Leadr
+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+Wireless
+RGB Goodness
-Expensive

5.Scimitar Pro RGB

+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+RGB

-Kinda expensive

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

i have tried several Razer mice, most were around 2015 or so and they all had horible wander and felt cheaply built. Deathadder and Mamba were two i tried out iirc. like i said, if they have updated their sensor since then, great, but they were garbage last time i tried one because of the wander

Builds:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

1.Steelseries Rival 500
+Great sensor
+lots of button

2.Razer naga trinity

+Great sensor
-Expensive

3.Roccat nyth
-BIG

-User laser sensor

4.Roccat Leadr
 +Lots of button

+Great sensor
+Wireless
+RGB Goodness
-Expensive

5.Scimitar Pro RGB

+Lots of button

+Great sensor
+RGB

-Kinda expensive

Wow. All of those look awesome! Now those are some mouses. The steelseries looked cool until I looked at the Roccat Leadr, lol. The Roccat Tyon is the same thing, right? Just wired instead of wireless? That one looks really cool and is within budget. I really like the Leadr, though! Can you program the "thumb toggle" thing for instance 'forward/backward'?

56 minutes ago, Cigano said:

Zowie EC1-A is by far the bast mouse i've ever owned. I had two razer deathadders from different years, and a logitech g502 the zowie blew them out of the water for me. 

Thanks for the mention, seems a little boring for me, though, lol. 

24 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have tried several Razer mice, most were around 2015 or so and they all had horible wander and felt cheaply built. Deathadder and Mamba were two i tried out iirc. like i said, if they have updated their sensor since then, great, but they were garbage last time i tried one because of the wander

2015 Deathadder uses S3989 which is a razer custom avago sensor..its considered as a great sensor and most player said its more responsive than the 3360.

But it has issues with TRACKING INITIATION SPEED (How fast the sensor can track after it return to the pad).

That issues lead the sensor spinning out if you do Tilt Slam meaning slamming your mouse sideways on the pad and its not a big issue..in fact its very rare for someone to use tilt slam because it can cause damage to the mouse itself.

But if you didnt do that, it won't spin out..no matter how fast you can move your mouse while gaming.

As for the mamba, well it use laser sensor so i don't blame you..

Deathadder has issues but only on the 1-3generation.

Deathadder is one of the most successful gaming mice ever made..but the 1-2 generation had sensor issues while 3rd generation has QC issues..the 2015-present model are fine.

10 minutes ago, tomswife said:

lol. The Roccat Tyon is the same thing, right?

no its not the same, the tyon use laser sensor dont buy it..

10 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Can you program the "thumb toggle" thing for instance 'forward/backward'?

i think so, Its programmable so..but if you want to be sure, you could contact roccat.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

2015 Deathadder uses S3989 which is a razer custom avago sensor..its considered as a great sensor and most player said its more responsive than the 3360.

But it has issues with TRACKING INITIATION SPEED (How fast the sensor can track after it return to the pad).

That issues lead the sensor spinning out if you do Tilt Slam meaning slamming your mouse sideways on the pad and its not a big issue..in fact its very rare for someone to use tilt slam because it can cause damage to the mouse itself.

But if you didnt do that, it won't spin out..no matter how fast you can move your mouse while gaming.

As for the mamba, well it use laser sensor so i don't blame you..

Deathadder has issues but only on the 1-3generation.

good to know, could very well have been an earlier gen i tried out, no clue, just remember it having wander and feeling cheap.

Builds:

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Steelseries Rival 600 or Roccat Kone AIMO? Both are the same price.. What about the Logitech G502?

I'd like the Leadr, but but G900 Chaos is 89 on Amazon and looks really good for way less..Not sure if I want wireless..

And what do you think about Horde AIMO keyboard?

1 hour ago, My2t1c said:

That's a decent mouse. I've been using the Razar Naga II for a while, I haven't had an issue with it over the last couple years.

1 hour ago, tomswife said:

Thanks for the mention, seems a little boring for me, though, lol. 

well that's kinda the idea lmao. so many companies make these really cool looking mice that just feel awful to use because of their shape. I definitely don't like the zowies looks better than other mice, it's the sensor and general feel of the mouse that is far superior to anything else I've used which is why I use it even though it's uglier. I had the G502 and while it definitely looks cooler I perform much worse with it in first person shooters because of it's weight and shape. 

43 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Steelseries Rival 600 or Roccat Kone AIMO? Both are the same price.. What about the Logitech G502?

I'd like the Leadr, but but G900 Chaos is 89 on Amazon and looks really good for way less..Not sure if I want wireless..

Here's what..sit down..and comtemplate.

Think about what you really want.

Do you want lots of button for macros? flashly RGB? what about the hand size? mouse shape and weight? do you prefer comfort over aesthetic or vice versa?

Most gaming mice at least from a reputable companies are using an overkill sensor (unless its laser which is bad for fast paced games) So don't bother with the sensor and prioritize more on what you really want.

46 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Its a semi mechanical keyboard.

2 minutes ago, Cigano said:

well that's kinda the idea lmao. so many companies make these really cool looking mice that just feel awful to use because of their shape. I definitely don't like the zowies looks better than other mice lmao it's the sensor and general feel of the mouse that is far superior to anything else I've used which is why I use it even though it's uglier. I had the G502 and while it definitely looks cooler I perform much worse with it in first person shooters because of it's weight. 

Zowie make a simple mice that works but with great sensor for gamer..no flashy RGB no gimmicky features no lamborghini gaming aesthetic..but their mouse is expensive soo hmm...

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Here's what..sit down..and comtemplate.

Think about what you really want.

Do you want lots of button for macros? flashly RGB? what about the hand size? mouse shape and weight? do you prefer comfort over aesthetic or vice versa?

Most gaming mice at least from a reputable companies are using an overkill sensor (unless its laser which is bad for fast paced games) So don't bother with the sensor and prioritize more on what you really want.

Its a semi mechanical keyboard.

So I ordered the G502. They honestly all look small. I liked the Tyron and the steelseries rival 500 but they just seemed small. I can't really tell online. Made sure to order through Amazon in case I need to return it.. 

6 hours ago, tomswife said:

Looks like a shitty topre imitation. It's basically a keycap with plunger over dome and membrane, but it does have some advantages over normal dome + membrane boards, like it being able to register 1/2 way through the key travel like topre. But, it uses a integrated plunger on the cap which will make it mushy to bottom out on compared to dome and slider keyboards, and it has very bad laser etched painted caps. The build of the keyboard is also questionable and the the keyboard overall just looks like an abomination imo. For ~100$ you could get an actual mechanical board, making that keyboard a terrible value.