Pc Upgrade Help

Go to solution Solved by ch3w2oy,
5 minutes ago, gunshot22 said:

My budget is 700cad including tax so about 500-600cad. Intel or amd dont mind either :)

lol, I'm sorry. I forgot you said that in your OP. 

I'm looking to upgrade a couple of components on my pc i use for gaming, i want to get the best parts I can but dont know too much about what motherboards/cpus ect to get, my budget is 700CAD with tax. My current build is :

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/gunshot22/saved/3vQ299

Just looking to upgrade the cpu, ram, motherboard, and case.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ygRMdX

Have already picked out a ram set and case (change if you like), the m.2 i already have, but feel free to suggest changes, would prefer it to be a microAtx build 

Thanks for the help :)

Edited by gunshot22

1 hour ago, tomswife said:

Which RAM did you pick up? 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/jx8H99/team-vulcan-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3000-memory-tlred416g3000hc16cdc01

never bought it just picked it out

21 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Do you have a budget? Do you have a preference toward processor platform?

My budget is 700cad including tax so about 500-600cad. Intel or amd dont mind either :)

5 minutes ago, gunshot22 said:

lol, I'm sorry. I forgot you said that in your OP. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

15 minutes ago, tomswife said:

thanks for the build! just wondering why that ram in stead of the other the specs seem to be the same?

1 hour ago, gunshot22 said:

thanks for the build! just wondering why that ram in stead of the other the specs seem to be the same?

The ones I picked out have better timings. You chose 3000 c16, I picked c15. c15 has lower latency, better for Ryzen.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/ctZ2FT/team-night-hawk-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tf2d416g3200hc16cdc01

Those are 10 bucks more and are a little bit better too. Plus RGB.

Edited by tomswife

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

46 minutes ago, tomswife said:

The ones I picked out have better timings. You chose 3000 c16, I picked c15. c15 has lower latency, better for Ryzen.

if i were to overclock the chip will the stock cooler be enough? is the power supply have enough wattage? 

Edited by gunshot22

4 minutes ago, gunshot22 said:

if i were to overclock the chip will the stock cooler be enough? is the power supply have enough wattage?

The PSU should be fine. And the 2600X can handle some overclock on the stock cooler, I did it before I got my AIO. I don't think there's really much a difference in overclocking the Ryzen processors as they do it pretty well by themselves (even tho I do, not even sure why lol).

ended up spending the extra 10 for the rgb couldt help myself lol. thanks for the help!