How do I my OC GPU and CPU?

GIANTjinzo

My apologies for the spam. I made my first post a couple hours ago and I forgot to include this part. I have an i5 8400 and a 1060. Should I bother overclocking these? If so, can someone walk me through it via discord or can you guys link me to a good tutorial?

you cant oc an 8400

as for a 1060 you can if you want ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wont make a huge difference in performance tho

on Intel you NEED a K-skew or X-Skew (a CPU model ending in a K or an X) to be able to overclock, you could maybe try BCLK Overclocking but it's way harder and NOT guaranteed to even work on your board, so I would advise not trying.

as for your GPU you can download Nvidia Inspector (NOT Nvidia Profile Inspector) or MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision XOC and use those programs to bump the power limit all the way up and start pushing the core and memory clocks as high as you can go without it crashing in games, to test your overclock I suggest using the Time Spy Benchmark, that one crashed my overclocks way more then Unigine Heaven or Valley Benchmarks did.

I found MSI Afterburner VERY easy to get the general idea down for overclocking a GPU.  There are tons of videos showing you how to use it.