Cheapest viable PETG

spotnyk

I'm going to be doing my first rigid loop soon. I want to practice heating/bending PETG, so I'm looking for the cheapest tubing I can order, which will still bend like the good stuff. I just don't want to waste money on high quality tubing that I'm just going to screw up while learning. :) Suggestions?

5800X | ROG Strix B550-E | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3080 OCX Hybrid

NZXT Kraken X63 280mm | O11D-XL ROG | Corsair RMX 850

G513 CARBON | MX Master 3 | Audioengine D1 | Bose IE2 | Sennheiser HD-600

Shure SM7B | Tascam US-2x2

10 minutes ago, spotnyk said:

I'm going to be doing my first rigid loop soon. I want to practice heating/bending PETG, so I'm looking for the cheapest tubing I can order, which will still bend like the good stuff. I just don't want to waste money on high quality tubing that I'm just going to screw up while learning. :) Suggestions?

In my experience rigid tubing isn't that expensive in general and you normally will have plenty of left over.

So my 5 cents,   start with the longer run's that way when you mess them up you can cut a section off and maybe use some of the bends already put in it for a shorter run in your loop

5 hours ago, spotnyk said:

5 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

In my experience rigid tubing isn't that expensive in general and you normally will have plenty of left over.

yea basically.  what he said

Just Buy what you want to use and get a little extra. you're not going to save hardly any money relative to the cost of the rest of the loop. And odds are you will not be happy with some of the bends no matter what and end up redoing them a few times after a couple months before you get it right. I've redone my loop 3-4 times and changed cases twice just to keep tinkering and improving. 

Setup: 8700k - Asus Maximus Formula X - EVGA XCII 2080ti - 2x16GB ddr4 3000 - EVGA G3 1000w - Carbon Cablemod Cables- Custom EKWB cooling loop - phanteks enthoo luxe 2

I just recently did my very first hard line loop, I bought PrimoChill's PETG. One box of 6 30 inch runs, i had never bent tubing before and i still have one completely unused tube. They are cheap and if you take your time you will be surprised at how easy PETG is to work with.

https://www.primochill.com/collections/petg-3-8-x-1-2/products/primochill-1-2in-rigid-petg-tube-6-x-30in-clear

My current build ↘️⬇️↙️

On 12/17/2018 at 11:25 AM, spotnyk said:

i was getting the 500mm tubes from performance PCS, i beleive they were ek brand at about 7 bucks per half meter.  tube is cheap.  its the fittings that will get ya in the wallet.