Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

game performance

Earnist_
 Share

my system specs are a 1700x and a rx 580 but even with that at 1080p on blackops 4 my frames still seem to dip below 60 during game play, why is this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

That sounds about right

do you have the same experience

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Earnist_ said:

do you have the same experience

It's a 580, not a miracle worker

 

What ram do you have? And at what speed?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

It's a 580, not a miracle worker

 

What ram do you have? And at what speed?

i have 8gb at 2666 but i'm not exceeding it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try lowering your graphics settings, the 580 is a 7 year old card now since it was also just a fancy 480

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Earnist_ said:

i have 8gb at 2666 but i'm not exceeding it

A single 8GB stick?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Palden said:

Try lowering your graphics settings, the 580 is a 7 year old card now since it was also just a fancy 480

RX 580, not GTX.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly, the 580 is a rebranded rx 480 my dude, just slightly better binned, so 7 years may be much, think it's 4 years old

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Earnist_ said:

yes a single stick

Thats a bit of a bottleneck to your processor, Ryzen processor's work well off fast dual channel memory. Consider getting another stick

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Palden said:

Exactly, the 580 is a rebranded rx 480 my dude, just slightly better binned, so 7 years may be much, think it's 4 years old

the 580 is only a year and a half old

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Earnist_ said:

the 580 is only a year and a half old

Its a rebranded 480. So closer to 2,5 years. Still a good card though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

But it's a rebranded 480 chip that they didn't sell that binned higher than the other 480 chips

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Its a rebranded 480. So closer to 2,5 years. Still a good card though. 

would my game performance increase enough to justify buying another stick of ram to have dual channel? because right now i dont need 16gb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Palden said:

But it's a rebranded 480 chip that they didn't sell that binned higher than the other 480 chips

And? Its still a fine card for 1080p gaming

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Earnist_ said:

the 580 is only a year and a half old

No. It's same old 480 just with some tiny tweaks I believe. Just new name.But that's fine, it's good for 1080p.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have r9 290 crossfire running with 3 screens, it's awesome. Really the r9 290 performs pretty much the same as an rx 580, just more heat and power... amd has been disappointing recently :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Earnist_ said:

would my game performance increase enough to justify buying another stick of ram to have dual channel? because right now i dont need 16gb

Look at dropping some of the setting.

 

Btw have you updated your gpu drivers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Look at dropping some of the setting.

 

Btw have you updated your gpu drivers?

yes im at the latest drivers but would dual channel be worth it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Overbuilder said:

i have r9 290 crossfire running with 3 screens, it's awesome. Really the r9 290 performs pretty much the same as an rx 580, just more heat and power... amd has been disappointing recently :(

Wrong card. The 290x is as fast as the rx580. Just at little under twice the power.

 

AMD had an ok macroarchitecture for compute against an gaming focus architecture from Nvidia. AMD is waiting to move on to their next macroarchitecture and their gaming iteration of GCN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Earnist_ said:

yes im at the latest drivers but would dual channel be worth it

Yes it would be.

 

Though unshure in the specific title. How is CPU load (on a per thread basis) and GPU load while gaming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah i have a powercolor PCS+ r9 290 though, so it performs really the same as a 290x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×