Galax Cards

After 3 months of waiting and saving money for my graphics card, I've decided to buy the Galax 1070Ti EX card but there are 4 models in the 1070Ti 

1. Galax 1070Ti EX-SNPR WHITE

2. Galax 1070Ti HOF

3. Galax 1070Ti Virtual Edition

4. Galax 1070Ti EX

Now I don't know which one to buy and I honestly don't know wheather Galax cards are worth buying? Are the benchmark results as good as the 1070Ti Reference Cards? And what's the difference between the above listed cards?

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

KFA/GALAX(Y) aren't that bad, but they certainly aren't the best on the market. Why specificly galax? btw, I would choose the second one if the price is the same

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

KFA/GALAX(Y) aren't that bad, but they certainly aren't the best on the market. Why specificly galax? btw, I would choose the second one if the price is the same

Because Galax are the cheapest among all other graphics cards in my country and what is KFA? 

Just now, Hiro Hamada said:

what is KFA? 

Galax in a different market.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Because Galax are the cheapest among all other graphics cards in my country and what is KFA? 

KFA2 (what I actually meant)=GALAX

where are you located?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

KFA2 (what I actually meant)=GALAX

where are you located?

Southern India and the price for Galax 1070Ti EX is 44500INR and the 1070Ti reference card is 43800INR so I think it's better to buy Galax but I don't know what's the difference in between these models

Southern India and the price for Galax 1070Ti EX is 44500INR and the 1070Ti reference card is 43800INR so I think it's better to buy Galax but I don't know what's the difference in between these models

mostly the cooling, and sometimes the boards, but that's about it.

do you have any sites you can link me to? I have translate ready

17 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Well they go out of their way to make the HoF the best card in the market but that aside nothing special about them.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well they go out of their way to make the HoF the best card in the market but that aside nothing special about them.

HoF the best? Did I miss something with galax in general?

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

HoF the best? Did I miss something with galax in general?

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

only the best if we are talking XOC really. PCBs on the HoF cards are amazing, but they are really ment for XOC and LN2 just like the Kingpin cards from EVGA

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

13 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

only the best if we are talking XOC really. PCBs on the HoF cards are amazing, but they are really ment for XOC and LN2 just like the Kingpin cards from EVGA

yeah, I don't expect op to do that, so probebly a good "normal card" will be better here

25 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I don't want a "special" graphics card! I just need it to be long lasting and good performance output. I don't care about the fancy LED's or something

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Okay timeout! Can anybody tell me what is "XOC", "PBCs", and "LN2"? 

But all these stuff doesn't relate a thing to what I asked. I asked what's the difference between these galax cards with the same 1070Ti Models?

1 minute ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Okay timeout! Can anybody tell me what is "XOC", "PBCs", and "LN2"? 

Xtreme OverClocking, generally you cool the GPU with LN2 to extremely low temperatures and push it way harder than any normal person would to get the best scores in benchmarks.

Printed Circut Board, this is what all the components sit on. A good PCB doesnt refer to the PCB being good though generally but rather that the power components and so on are of high quality.

LN2 is Liquid Nirtrogen, the coldest "commonly available" liquid and is used for extreme overclocking along with other, more productive things.

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, I don't expect op to do that, so probebly a good "normal card" will be better here

The HOF cards are good daily cards too afaik but the price tends to make them a poor choice for anything other than the top cards so yes, OP would probably be best off with a "normal" card.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

I don't want a "special" graphics card! I just need it to be long lasting and good performance output. I don't care about the fancy LED's or something

What makes the HoF one of the highest end cards on the market isn't "fancy LEDs"

They use premium components on their PCB which is completely customized as in no reference designs, only Samsung highest end VRAM, more power phases and VRM solutions and highly binned nVidia chips to ensure the best possible overclocking conditions.

Their cooler is pretty beefy too but like mentioned you'll only take the full advantage of all it carries with a custom cooling setup yourself.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

But all these stuff doesn't relate a thing to what I asked. I asked what's the difference between these galax cards with the same 1070Ti Models?

wellcome to LTT, we like to derail things :P 

the main diffrence is that the HOF card has a diffrent PCB with diffrent components and special extreme overclocking features you wont need if you dont know what they are already, and the other ones use a more basic PCB and have differnt coolers. the top one on the page is probably the one you should get if you want a white card

Builds:

Spoiler

the HOF or hall of fame card is there best card they offer and i recommend highly for the vrm design and great thermals and if you ever slap an aio on it or something to go lower with temps the gpu can keep up in the overclocking department

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

wellcome to LTT, we like to derail things :P 

the main diffrence is that the HOF card has a diffrent PCB with diffrent components and special extreme overclocking features you wont need if you dont know what they are already, and the other ones use a more basic PCB and have differnt coolers. the top one on the page is probably the one you should get if you want a white card

Honestly! I'm totally afraid of overclocking though but aren't the EX and EX white both models the same? 

Besides I bought a 8700K just because everywhere in the internet they told me that it's a very good for gaming at 144p but praise the lord I got a Samsung CFG24 1080p with 144Hz monitor Quantum Dot. I hope you've heard of this monitor

Honestly! I'm totally afraid of overclocking though but aren't the EX and EX white both models the same? 

those should be the same PCB and im guessing the blower style card is also the same PCB.

1 minute ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Besides I bought a 8700K just because everywhere in the internet they told me that it's a very good for gaming at 144p but praise the lord I got a Samsung CFG24 1080p with 144Hz monitor Quantum Dot. I hope you've heard of this monitor

no clue about monitors, but 144Hz is very nice from my experience and that CPU will be good for that :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

It just felt weird that you wanted Galax specifically, it's really not the most common brand in the market at least compared to EVGA, Zotac, MSi and ASUS.

A GTX 1070 Ti doesn't require the best possible, I'd only afford extras if you were going with a RTX 2080 brand new now.

So with that said, just grab any 1070 Ti you find that fits your budget... just avoid blower style cards because those are noisier and only suggested for small cases nowadays.

For your reference this is a closed cooling system known as blower cards:

Capture1.PNG

Personal Desktop":

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

those should be the same PCB and im guessing the blower style card is also the same PCB.

no clue about monitors, but 144Hz is very nice from my experience and that CPU will be good for that :) 

Thanks for the save and one last thing...Is my motherboard MSI Z370A PRO compatable with this graphics card? Just to be sure 

Thanks for the save and one last thing...Is my motherboard MSI Z370A PRO compatable with this graphics card? Just to be sure 

should be no problem, as long as it has a PCIe slot the GPU should go right in :) 

Builds:

Spoiler