Help with planning extreme budget build

matt895

I have the ability to “collect” some parts while at work, my work has an Ewaste recycling container and i’m allowed to take from it if i think i could use something. I’m in a rich town at work and people just dump off computers new and old. today i grabbed a dell (insert model for typical 2008 office use here) and i pulled the pantium 4 out of it and a core2 duo out of another. is there any use for the motherboards they were on? only vga and no hdmi, usb2.0 only, no hdd’s just drives. even a floppy!! i’m looking to just piece a rig together over time. i have a housing, fans aren’t expensive, i need a large ssd or just a plain hdd. graphics and ram. the board i have was using less than a gig of ram per stick such as 1052mb or whatever they are. so i’m assuming it can’t handle modern non ddr2 ram. the heat sinks are also probably not compatible as it’s probably non transferable to other motherboards. i just need to know what to look out for and the rest i will buy as I can. thanks for any tips or suggestions. even if it’s just a dude use the cpu and buy the rest. or just buy everything for ease. thanks guys

Well, pentium 4 and core2 are two completly different sockets. So no. You need an lga775 board for those

i just meant i have them not that I was debating which with a board I had for one of them. thank you