where to learn fixing computers?

1832vin

i would like to learn how to fix typical personal or server computer problems; i guess it just raises the value of myself, and.... getting people to fix computers are not always cheap,

it would be best if i can do it manually insread through programs and applications, i'm still in school, and i'd say i have about 5 years to learn something advance, so i decuded to choose how to fix servers or computers.....

windows and linux? cuz they're are more popular.....

like for example...

if a specific ram module's unit is not working and it's causing the computer not able to boot?,... then how do i find that it's fault at ram and how to fix it type of thingy...>?

i know enough about what are the components and what they do and to an extent, how they do it.

i guess it's from there onwards...

i can't really like pay 5/6 hundred dollars just cuz my system is not booting up correctly....

and.... i've already done this a few times... T^T so.....

yeah.

Watch youtube vids over and over and over agen and read up and ask questions thats how i learnt 

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Lol.......  I don't think computers do that.... I wish they can tell you what part of the system is being a bum. But.... You'll simply have to replace the ram :I 
Allot of troubleshooting involved like making sure the ram speed is compatible with the mobo and it's the correct type or replacing it with identical specs that's compatible with you rmobo.

I wish you the best of luck
~Nick

Hang out here on the forum and read post's in the "Troubleshoot" section, i've learned allot from there also just look at the new post's. ALSO ask if you can get an internship at your local computer store i did that to and it was really great! 

Hope this helped!

And post topics on a subject that you have learned and say how you think it worked and let other people check it and correct you if you're incorrect 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I learned some in school, but most from personal experience when something has failed on me.

Trial and error is what teaches you the most, but youtube videos and looking at problems of other people on this  forum and trying to help them also help a butt ton to gain experience in computer repair

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

You came to the right place. Also google and youtube.

Learn how computers work, build one, experiment

Experience is the best way to learn

Use your common sense (logic), this helps a lot, work out what is wrong then go about trying to fix it

If you can't fix it ask someone (On this forum), then next time you can fix it yourself

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Learn how computers work, build one, experiment

Experience is the best way to learn

Use your common sense (logic), this helps a lot, work out what is wrong then go about trying to fix it

If you can't fix it ask someone (On this forum), then next time you can fix it yourself

i think he wants to get into more professional things though, sure anyone can use the process of elimination to try and diagnose a desktop pc.. but that's probably not what he is looking for.

The majority of problems have already been solved on the internet somewhere, especially common hardware problems such as memory problems.

There's multiple lists on the internet to troubleshoot a computer, and I have my own 10 step list for hardware, 10 step for software issues, etc.

#!

I learned by by firstly learning what all the components do and then by upgrading an old Dell to the point where I transferred a couple of components into a new build.

Trial and error, Google and YouTube are your friends.

It has come to a point now (about 10 years later) where I build and fix pc's for friends and family.

I even know a couple of guys who do it for a living and they come to me to help out on the hardware side of things.

Just having an interest is the first step and will spur you on to find out more and increase your own knowledge.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Watch YouTube, ask questions, try and fail (could get expensive)

Read a lot of FAQ, if you don't understand something then look it up. I've been into computer building for 3 or 4 years. Linus got me into it.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Break a computer and then fix it :)

Learn by doing it. 

Read read read read and watch watch watch watch. First hand experience is always good too.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Find a broken computer and try to fix it.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Tell your mom to break your computer then try to fix it :D

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Read up on CompTIA+ study guides. There's a lot of basic information for A+ certificates, everything ranging from desktops to networking.

Hang out here on the forum and read post's in the "Troubleshoot" section, i've learned allot from there also just look at the new post's. ALSO ask if you can get an internship at your local computer store i did that to and it was really great! 

Hope this helped!

And post topics on a subject that you have learned and say how you think it worked and let other people check it and correct you if you're incorrect 

How did you go about getting that internship I'm sixteen and that's exactly what l was looking for?

Videos and just work on any computers you can when you get the chance! :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

How did you go about getting that internship I'm sixteen and that's exactly what l was looking for?

Just walking in to the store

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-