Software Development?

Dotsu

Hello and welcome. Don't exactly know where to put this. So general seems the place.

I am trying to get back in to software development, I have no income (yay unemployment) But I am trying to stay focused on making a program of any sort.

I would like tips on how to get in to a good work flow and how to make a application that dose not use a internet side server and i could use to get practice in. I mean lets face it hosting is expensive.

Let it stand as the man opened the box... A i386 was found. 32 bit CPU's wound be the norm, the

world had forever changed.

All is fair in Love and War.

-A wise person.

First step would be thinking of what you want to create.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

See i am Stuck on not only what to make but due to not being able to make a application that isnt internet bound in some way i dont know where to start.

Let it stand as the man opened the box... A i386 was found. 32 bit CPU's wound be the norm, the

-A wise person.

26 minutes ago, Dotsu said:

You could totally make my Blender Plug in "Dream CAD"

Which is just what I would envision as the only functional/advanced CAD program since all of them suck or are very expensive for what I want to do, which is drawing 3D printing stuff by points/coordinates with quality of life features

It would also by extension make blender a functional program

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Sounds interesting i have to admit though Blender uses pythion and i am familiar with it but not in the sense of what is used for CAD (my mother uses CAD for the Department of Transportation.) But i would also need to know what your CAD plugin is programmed in and source code. Also i think for something like that would need a entire team. Not a bad idea tho.

-A wise person.

9 minutes ago, Dotsu said:

Sounds interesting i have to admit though Blender uses pythion and i am familiar with it but not in the sense of what is used for CAD (my mother uses CAD for the Department of Transportation.) But i would also need to know what your CAD plugin is programmed in and source code. Also i think for something like that would need a entire team. Not a bad idea tho.

Naw it's easy peasy, though Pipe Dream CAD is more accurate, There is OpenSCAD, which does CAD by programming basically, but that's a huge pain to use.

I just need to make a workspace in blender that can draw by coordinates/points and create objects based on that, and be able to add points to objects.

The idea would also be basically in photoshop's layout, where objects and their points would be in a layer system and you could group them together and auto allign them along vertexes/faces.

And really all it has to do is draw polygons between points which blender already does, this just changes the interface to make it usable by a normal human being. And there may need to be some automation added.

So like if I were working on a 100mm grid, I would want to be able to:

Spoiler

Create Point A at (0,0,0)
Create Cube(6 sided polygon) FROM point A in X direction from point A (Auto generate points on each vertex of the Polygon)
Create point 50% between points A1/A4. A2/A3
Create *HOLE* Cylinder Object around New Point

and ect, just as an example

That way if say I wanted to turn this into a dome with an easily adjustable roof, I could
Clone Points A3/B3/A4/B4
Create half circle between New Points with Angle 45* (between A3/B4, A4,B3)

300808142_PipedreamCAD.png.d0f245075aef8ca83bddad3e350884b5.png

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

That might be so but that would at where i need to brush up on to much. Essentually bitting off more then i could chew.

-A wise person.

"Hosting is expensive" is quite a bold statement if you don't specify what kind of hosting you need for what kind of app etc.

If you just need some database kind of thing with api software around it (idk) you can do like a DigitalOcean Droplet which begin at €5 per month.

You can start something small with that probably.

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

FYI if you only need to host a web app or web site for development (i.e. you don't need your own domain) you can just use the free tier of MS Azure. It literally costs nothing.

1 hour ago, FlappyBoobs said:

FYI if you only need to host a web app or web site for development (i.e. you don't need your own domain) you can just use the free tier of MS Azure. It literally costs nothing.

I have tried Azure and for what i want to do (large Microsoft-SQL or MySQL) going to towards my end goal of game development. Also I am not to inclined of trying to navigate the confusing and blocked off features of the free Azure tier.

Also hosting is expensive. Sites like Go-daddy or Blue host charge for a entire year for hosting and getting a domain separate from a hosting service which will still charge a good amount for a VPS (that you wont get scammed) Also most VPS solutions are not able to be scaled up easily.

-A wise person.

2 hours ago, Dotsu said:

I have tried Azure and for what i want to do (large Microsoft-SQL or MySQL) going to towards my end goal of game development. Also I am not to inclined of trying to navigate the confusing and blocked off features of the free Azure tier. 

Also hosting is expensive. Sites like Go-daddy or Blue host charge for a entire year for hosting and getting a domain separate from a hosting service which will still charge a good amount for a VPS (that you wont get scammed) Also most VPS solutions are not able to be scaled up easily.

Don't worry too much about scaling up. Chances are that you won't need to worry about that because of low traffic. :P (Ouch! That's what happened to me :()

By the time you need to worry about scaling up, you'd probably have the money for you to scale. Maybe it can be donation or payment from your users. :)

On 12/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, SadaleNet said:

Don't worry too much about scaling up. Chances are that you won't need to worry about that because of low traffic. :P (Ouch! That's what happened to me :()

By the time you need to worry about scaling up, you'd probably have the money for you to scale. Maybe it can be donation or payment from your users. :)

Thanks mind contacting me on something besides IRC? (i am a windows user and IRC clients dont get along usually and i left the IRC scene after i lost all my contacts)

-A wise person.