Good Monitor for Pc

Danimates
Go to solution Solved by generalpompeyo,

In my view, if you have a 1080ti, 1080p is just not woth it. You should consider buying a 1440p panel (at 144hz), paired with your GC you will obtain a fantastic experience. I have a Asus ROG PG279Q, it's a great monitor, colours are bright and vivid. I highly recomend this one.

In any case, my sugestion is not to buy a 1080p panel, this resolution would prevent you from getting the preformance that the 1080ti is capable of giving you. Asus is selling an 'updated' version of the PG279Q that's called 'PG279QZ'. It's basicaly the same monitor with different marketing, the good new's is that it's cheaper!

I must confess that that monitor you want to buy disgne wise looks incredible ?

Since it's almost Christmas I am on the market for a new monitor! I want one that is good for gaming and takes advantage of my 1080 TI! The one I have been eyeing at is the ASUS ROG STRIX XG27VQ 27: https://store.asus.com/us/item/201804AM260000005. If this is a bad choice let me know and if you could please give me suggestions in the 350- 450 $ range that would be greatly appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Danimates said:

Since it's almost Christmas I am on the market for a new monitor! I want one that is good for gaming and takes advantage of my 1080 TI! The one I have been eyeing at is the ASUS ROG STRIX XG27VQ 27: https://store.asus.com/us/item/201804AM260000005. If this is a bad choice let me know and if you could please give me suggestions in the 350- 450 $ range that would be greatly appreciated!

Try the

Acer Predator Z271T bmiphzx 27" Tobii Eyetracking Curved NVIDIA G-SYNC 144Hz Gaming Monitor

4 minutes ago, Dulan Neelaka said:

Try the

Acer Predator Z271T bmiphzx 27" Tobii Eyetracking Curved NVIDIA G-SYNC 144Hz Gaming Monitor

That is a little out of my budget. Right noe I am undecided between the ASUS ROG STRIX XG27VQ and the ASUS ROG Swift PG248Q

In my view, if you have a 1080ti, 1080p is just not woth it. You should consider buying a 1440p panel (at 144hz), paired with your GC you will obtain a fantastic experience. I have a Asus ROG PG279Q, it's a great monitor, colours are bright and vivid. I highly recomend this one.

In any case, my sugestion is not to buy a 1080p panel, this resolution would prevent you from getting the preformance that the 1080ti is capable of giving you. Asus is selling an 'updated' version of the PG279Q that's called 'PG279QZ'. It's basicaly the same monitor with different marketing, the good new's is that it's cheaper!

1 hour ago, generalpompeyo said:

Thank You so much! Your post helped a lot! But what is the difference of the  PG279Q and the  PG279QZ? I want to be sure I get the best one! Also should I try to get a 4k one or is that overkill?

Glad to help.

The difference among the PG279Q and the PG279QZ is nothing apart from a  marketing operation to sell an existing product at a lower price. They have the same specs and the same overall designe. I could not find any real difference whatsoever apart from the name, not even the comparison tool on the Asus web site shows any difference.

Concerning your other question, I agree with Linus in that 4K gaming is just not woth it. For me, 1440p at 144hz is a more pleasing experience. You can check out his recent vid on the subject here: