The third hard drive spot on the Corsair Carbide Spec Omega

lucagrabacr

Hey, so I'm thinking about buying this case, the website says it has 3 3.5 HDD space but I only see 2 3.5 HD bays in the case. Anyone knows where I could possibly put the third one?

b93bb4fd-639b-4dd7-be57-f52e294ec3bd.jpg 

-CC-9011121-WW-Gallery-Spec-Omega-BLK-11

3 minutes ago, lucagrabacr said:

Why not just get a $50 case that'll be just fine and have less restrictive airflow?

3rd is either on top or that cage, on the floor of the case, or behind the motherboard tray area.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Why not just get a $50 case that'll be just fine and have less restrictive airflow?

3rd is either on top or that cage, on the floor of the case, or behind the motherboard tray area.

I like the aesthetic :) the top of the HDD bays has this extrusion though;

-CC-9011121-WW-Gallery-Spec-Omega-BLK-12

And the back has 3 SSD caddies but I don't see any 3.5 spot. 

Looking at the installation guide from Corsair, they only mention the HDD cage with the 2 slots. Doesn't appear there actually is a 3rd slot. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Looking at the installation guide from Corsair, they only mention the HDD cage with the 2 slots. Doesn't appear there actually is a 3rd slot. 

It's mentioned in this page https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/SPEC-OMEGA-CONFIG/p/CC-9011121-WW could they possibly put the wrong specification?

Edit: It seems like they confuse the 3.5 bays with the 2.5 bays there and vice cersa, nvm then, it does only have 2 HDD spots :/ that sucks.

6 minutes ago, lucagrabacr said:

It's mentioned in this page https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/SPEC-OMEGA-CONFIG/p/CC-9011121-WW could they possibly put the wrong specification?

Edit: It seems like they confuse the 3.5 bays with the 2.5 bays there and vice cersa, nvm then, it does only have 2 HDD spots :/ that sucks.

With dropping SSD prices, I assume case manufacturers reckon most users will use max 1 HDD and use SSDs for everything else. I have 2 SATA SSDs and 1 NVMe for instance, and don't give a rat's ass about spinning disks. In fact, in my system, the HDD would be the loudest component due to vibration.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro