Getting Significantly Lower FPS than expected

NathanielCE

I have a fx-6350 and a RX-460 2gb. I've looked at benchmarks of this system, and I should be getting 60-100 fps on most games. I'm getting a average of about 45. I have a 75hz monitor, and I've checked my GPU settings. The frame rates not capped.

FX CPUs are quite old. They're going to struggle in modern games.

What games are you trying to play?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, NathanielCE said:

I have a fx-6350 and a RX-460 2gb.  and I should be getting 60-100 fps on most games. 

FXLThSZ.jpg

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

yea im afraid that an fx 6350 is quite old and not that great today, have you looked at any youtube videos playing games with your specs?

I mostly play Skyrim and Fallout. I have looked up videos of gameplay with my specs, and it seems that most people are getting better performance than me, but then again, I dont know how reliable they are. I mainly want to make sure that its my hardware holding me back before I upgrade.

Do you think a ryzen 5 2600x would be a good upgrade? 

1 hour ago, NathanielCE said:

I mostly play Skyrim and Fallout.

What resolution do you game in? How much RAM is in your PC and what is the speed of the RAM? Dual channel(2 sticks)?

perhaps the benchmarks you saw are using overclocked components, different resolutions/graphical settings or maybe a different OS to you. These are just suggestions and I might be wrong

My Setup

Intel® Core™ i5-4590||Asrock Z97 Extreme4||8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3||EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID GAMING||NZXT H700i Matte Black/Blue||WD Green 240GB SSD||WD Blue 2TB HDD||Corsair CX550M||ASUS VG248QE 24" 144 Hz 1080p||Corsair Hydro Series H60 (2018)||Corsair K70||Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB||HyperX Cloud Stinger||Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

11 hours ago, A Random Dude said:

What resolution do you game in? How much RAM is in your PC and what is the speed of the RAM? Dual channel(2 sticks)?

My resolution is 1920 x 1080. I have 16gb of RAM, running in dual channel 1600 MHz each.

1 hour ago, NathanielCE said:

1600 MHz each

There's your answer right there. DDR3-1600 RAM will significantly lower your performance in games.

17 hours ago, NathanielCE said:

I've looked at benchmarks of this system, and I should be getting 60-100 fps on most games.

Post the videos you looked at.