Is the new rumored Ryzen 3000 worth the wait?

Good day everyone,

I recently purchased all my parts for a new AMD build. I went for a Ryzen 7 2700x  as my CPU. My current computer is still very functional but just way out of date (fx series with ddr3 ram, etc.) and I was only planning on using this new PC in 2019 since I still have to purchase a monitor that will actually work with my new build. 

I've yet to build the PC but all the parts are ready to go. 

Even more recently, rumors about the new Ryzen 3000 series coming out surfaced. Rumors have it that the new series will offer comparable prices and obviously better CPU's then the previous. 

My question is, since I do not intend on using the new build right away, should I consider returning my purchased CPU (Ryzen 7 2700x) to buy a comparable priced Ryzen 3000s when it releases in 2019?

Thank you for reading this.

The rumors seem too good to be true, but what we do know is that it'll be a good performance jump over current gen Ryzen and worth the price tag. My recommendation is to keep tabs on good X470 motherboards, wait for one to go on sale, then when the new CPUs are about to become available, order a free boot kit from AMD to update your BIOS for the 300 series chips. If you time it right, you'll get the boot kit when you get your new CPU and you'll be able to update the BIOS and use your new build all in the same day.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad