Making a fan curve setting permanent to gpu

paprikman
Go to solution Solved by Reznik,

You won't be able to do this with out software.  I believe the fan speed is controlled by either BIOS on card or driver level.  

Hi!

I was wondering if I could set the gpu fan speed curve permanently, by which I mean not to have any software opened in order to get your custom profile.

The reason I'm thinking about it is because I got the msi gtx 1060 6gb recently and this zero frozr stuff is such a shit. I don't play any really gpu intensive games, so the fans turn on and off with a period of 1 minute.

It's not distracting, I can't even hear it, but since this puts a lot of wear on the fans (obviously) and I just can't afford myself byuing a new gpu every year, I would like to set up my fan profile and make this change permanent.

Is this any possible?

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, paprikman said:

Hi!

I was wondering if I could set the gpu fan speed curve permanently, by which I mean not to have any software opened in order to get your custom profile.

The reason I'm thinking about it is because I got the msi gtx 1060 6gb recently and this zero frozr stuff is such a shit. I don't play any really gpu intensive games, so the fans turn on and off with a period of 1 minute.

It's not distracting, I can't even hear it, but since this puts a lot of wear on the fans (obviously) and I just can't afford myself byuing a new gpu every year, I would like to set up my fan profile and make this change permanent.

Is this any possible?

Thanks!

Msi afterburner can do this.

Solved :D

I may be wrong.

1 minute ago, Altruist said:

Msi afterburner can do this.

Solved :D

Actually, not. If I set the fan curve, then save the profile, then turn off the afterburner, the fans go back to their "normal" state. Am I doing something wrong then?

Just now, paprikman said:

Actually, not. If I set the fan curve, then save the profile, then turn off the afterburner, the fans go back to their "normal" state. Am I doing something wrong then?

Can't you leave it on?

and have it auto start at the beginning.

Also you don't need to save a profile.

I may be wrong.

Just now, Altruist said:

Can't you leave it on?

and have it auto start at the beginning.

Also you don't need to save a profile.

Well, maybe, but the original question was about the ability to set the fan curve as default, without having some software constantly opened.

The problem is that I'm not using windows on a regular basis, and there's no msi afterburner for linux. There are some similar products, but they just suck.

This is why I would like to just set it up once and leave it alone.

P.S. I'm kind'a thinking about just buying some watercooling stuff from ekwb and not thinking about this issue any more.

2 minutes ago, paprikman said:

Well, maybe, but the original question was about the ability to set the fan curve as default, without having some software constantly opened.

The problem is that I'm not using windows on a regular basis, and there's no msi afterburner for linux. There are some similar products, but they just suck.

This is why I would like to just set it up once and leave it alone.

P.S. I'm kind'a thinking about just buying some watercooling stuff from ekwb and not thinking about this issue any more.

i run afterburner minimized, doesn't take up any resources and with it being minimized it don't see it either

1 minute ago, Crunken said:

i run afterburner minimized, doesn't take up any resources and with it being minimized it don't see it either

It's not about the resources, please, read the post carefully. Thanks.

You won't be able to do this with out software.  I believe the fan speed is controlled by either BIOS on card or driver level.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

4 hours ago, Reznik said:

Ok, this is the type of answer I wanted to get, thanks.

So I'll just flash it with a custom bios then. I wish I could afford ekwb stuff one day.

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2018 at 3:57 AM, paprikman said:

Ok, this is the type of answer I wanted to get, thanks.

So I'll just flash it with a custom bios then. I wish I could afford ekwb stuff one day.

Hi, it's been 3 years. I was still wandering. Did you find any thing?