7700k die lapping questions

Hey guys, I have a 7700k that i use for gaming, recordinng, streaming, editing well, making gaming videos. i have already delided, put conductnaut liquid metal, lapped the IHS and used kryonaut thermal paste with a 240mm aio(that i plan to replace one day for a full hard tubing watercooling system) and i wanted to take it to the next level so i bought a direct die guard but i taught about the video of der8auer who lapped his die of his cpu but he said he didn't know what could be the long therm problem associated with that.

is there anyone who already tried it for a real day to day use not just a bench that you build for a week. did you see anything after a long period of use(like 1-2years) have you got any trouble with it? anything i should know before buying all the tools needed?

p.s. i just want my computer to be as much over the top of what a normal setup would be, this is my thing ? 

Link if the video: 

I don't personally see a problem with die lapping, other than potentially completely killing your CPU....

Personally, I'd probably just go straight for on-die cooling at that point and not risk nearly as much.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I don't personally see a problem with die lapping, other than potentially completely killing your CPU....

Personally, I'd probably just go straight for on-die cooling at that point and not risk nearly as much.

Ho yeaah i do know the risk this is why i am taking as much information as i need before trying this and if it does die, well this is a good reason to do an upgrade xD

6 minutes ago, tiwill0v2 said:

Ho yeaah i do know the risk this is why i am taking as much information as i need before trying this and if it does die, well this is a good reason to do an upgrade xD

From what I've seen, only the 9900K actually benefits from die lapping as its substantially thicker than anything previous, which is partly why it has only a very small difference between the temps of it with solder vs good TIM.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL