New PC Parts

Henry_CDawg

I recently bought an i7 8700k and GTX 1070ti to upgrade my pc that currently had 1050ti and a pentium cpu but it wasn't so great. I replaced my old cpu and the gpu with the new ones and tried to start up my computer but it wouldn't turn on. At first i was confused, but then i decided to mix up the pc parts. I used the 8700k cpu with my old 1050ti and my pc still wouldn't turn on. Then i put in the Pentium cpu with the 1050ti to check if my pc would even turn on with the old parts, and it did. Then i tried the Pentium cpu with the 1070ti and the pc turned on and i logged into windows, but then i opened up "dxdiag" and went to display but the gpu wasn't there. It didn't say the 1070ti under "name." It seems like my pc just doesn't want an upgrade but i do. Please help and provide suggestions for what i should do.... please....

Have you also bought a new motherboard? Can you provide more info like the power supply, motherboard, which Pentium CPU and DDR memory.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Are you using your old motherboard to run 8700k?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

What generation is your Pentium CPU? Also what motherboard are you using? You need a Z370 series motherboard for 8th gen

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

What is your motherboard's chipset? What is the exact model Pentium?

The 8700k will only work on z370 (officially) because Intel is stingy and wants you to buy a new motherboard (with intel chipset) whenever you upgrade Intel CPUs a new generation.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

1 hour ago, Henry_CDawg said:

I recently bought an i7 8700k and GTX 1070ti to upgrade my pc that currently had 1050ti and a pentium cpu but it wasn't so great. I replaced my old cpu and the gpu with the new ones and tried to start up my computer but it wouldn't turn on. At first i was confused, but then i decided to mix up the pc parts. I used the 8700k cpu with my old 1050ti and my pc still wouldn't turn on. Then i put in the Pentium cpu with the 1050ti to check if my pc would even turn on with the old parts, and it did. Then i tried the Pentium cpu with the 1070ti and the pc turned on and i logged into windows, but then i opened up "dxdiag" and went to display but the gpu wasn't there. It didn't say the 1070ti under "name." It seems like my pc just doesn't want an upgrade but i do. Please help and provide suggestions for what i should do.... please....

CPU's are not universally interchangeable, you need a motherboard with a compatible chip set to your CPU.  In this case, the Z370 chip set is required to run your new CPU.  

I have a cosair 650M power supply, MSI H110M motherboard, with ! stick of DDR4 Ram