8700k only scoring 1097 points on CineBench

Hey, everyone...

I recently upgraded my entire PC with the exception of the GPU. I was waiting for a 2080ti to go on sale and I finally got one and I'll have it by this Friday. Until then, I just have my old GTX 970 installed. Anyway, with the new GPU around the corner I wanted to start looking at potentially overclocking my CPU and I looked at CineBench to check out my stock Intel 8700k. Unfortunately, I'm seeing scores of 1097 on average, which is much lower than anywhere else that I check. It seems that average scores should be around 1300. Any ideas as to why I'm seeing this discrepancy? Or am I wrong any 1100 is totally normal for a stock 8700k?

System Specs: (pretty sure this is the only relevant stuff but let me know if I left anything out)

MOBO - ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E

CPU - Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.70GHz

Cooling - H150i

PSU - RM850x

GPU - Nvidia EVGA GTX 970

RAM - 16GBs DDR4 3000

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I'm not new to PC building but this is the first time I've been able to afford & build a really kick-ass PC so I want to get the most out of it.

31 minutes ago, HeWhoFallsALot said:

Hey, everyone...

I recently upgraded my entire PC with the exception of the GPU. I was waiting for a 2080ti to go on sale and I finally got one and I'll have it by this Friday. Until then, I just have my old GTX 970 installed. Anyway, with the new GPU around the corner I wanted to start looking at potentially overclocking my CPU and I looked at CineBench to check out my stock Intel 8700k. Unfortunately, I'm seeing scores of 1097 on average, which is much lower than anywhere else that I check. It seems that average scores should be around 1300. Any ideas as to why I'm seeing this discrepancy? Or am I wrong any 1100 is totally normal for a stock 8700k?

System Specs: (pretty sure this is the only relevant stuff but let me know if I left anything out)

MOBO - ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E

CPU - Intel Core i7-8700k @ 3.70GHz

Cooling - H150i

PSU - RM850x

GPU - Nvidia EVGA GTX 970

RAM - 16GBs DDR4 3000

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I'm not new to PC building but this is the first time I've been able to afford & build a really kick-ass PC so I want to get the most out of it.

Is there anything else that’s running in the background?

Yeah that seems low, 1300 to 1400 seems to be normal for stock.

Please download CPUz, run it, take a screenshot of the first window and post it.

Also please get HWMonitor 64, run it and keep it open then re run the cinebench test. After its finished check your CPU temps (the maximum values) and if necessary post us a screenshot.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)