help me! my mic sounds bad idk why

samorr11
Go to solution Solved by ParkerWWW,

if you right click on the volume or speaker icon in the bottom right of windows 10, right click on it and hit sounds, then go to the recording tab, right click on your mic and go to properties. This will go to the window to make adjustments to your microphone like level, sampling rate etc.

so 5 days ago i got a GA-AX370-Gaming from amazon when it was on sale since i needed a new ddr4 setup. i have a blue snowball and it sounded perfectly crystal clear when it was in my old set up no issues what so ever. i plugged it into this new set up and they say my mic sounds like "im speaking through water" according to people who have heard it.
here is what ive tried in these past couple of days to fix it:
clean install windows again
download/update realtek drivers
download/update snowball drivers
switching which port it was plugged into

i for whatever reason cant seem to find the tab for microphone enhancements so i havent been able to try that fix. any help would be appreciated. could the wiring be wrong? i am still new to this. any help would be appreciated

7 minutes ago, samorr11 said:

Did you test it in a different PC with the same issue?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Did you test it in a different PC with the same issue?

yes it was working perfectly in my old ddr3 set up i took it out of it that day switched to my ddr4 build and then this happened

Just now, samorr11 said:

yes it was working perfectly in my old ddr3 set up i took it out of it that day switched to my ddr4 build and then this happened

Have you tested it after hooking it up to the new PC and having issues? Did you try it on the case's USB ports or the ones from the motherboard?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Have you tested it after hooking it up to the new PC and having issues? Did you try it on the case's USB ports or the ones from the motherboard?

yes i switched which port it was connected to

1 minute ago, samorr11 said:

yes i switched which port it was connected to

Point is, if it's not working on a different PC now, the microphone may have been damaged somehow.

if it is currently working on a different PC, then there's some issue either with the software or motherboard

If you make a Linux USB you could try using some recording software to see if the problem is windows 10 or something.

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Point is, if it's not working on a different PC now, the microphone may have been damaged somehow.

if it is currently working on a different PC, then there's some issue either with the software or motherboard

If you make a Linux USB you could try using some recording software to see if the problem is windows 10 or something.

i doubt it would break from the 40 minutes i unplugged it from my ddr3 build to me bulding my ddr4 one

Describe what you mean when you say it sounds terrible? It could be as simple as the gain settings in the new install of windows is different than the settings you had in the old system. By describing the issues you're experiencing would help a lot too.

3 hours ago, ParkerWWW said:

Describe what you mean when you say it sounds terrible? It could be as simple as the gain settings in the new install of windows is different than the settings you had in the old system. By describing the issues you're experiencing would help a lot too.

it sounds like im talking with a rag over my mic and super fuzzy. i cant find the enhancments tab for the mic gain so idk what to do

if you right click on the volume or speaker icon in the bottom right of windows 10, right click on it and hit sounds, then go to the recording tab, right click on your mic and go to properties. This will go to the window to make adjustments to your microphone like level, sampling rate etc.

2 hours ago, samorr11 said:

it sounds like im talking with a rag over my mic and super fuzzy. i cant find the enhancments tab for the mic gain so idk what to do

Maybe try uploading an audio clip?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

1 hour ago, ParkerWWW said:

i had tried this already no fix

50 minutes ago, Fez_Boy said:

how do i do that?

2 minutes ago, samorr11 said:

how do i do that?

If you use google drive, you can upload it to drive and make a share link.  You could do the same thing using Dropbox or one Drive if you use them.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

1 hour ago, Fez_Boy said:

ok i will do that

Driver issue; reinstall your drivers, your mic might only support older versions of the driver.

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital