Newegg Support

NickB

I just got a defective Gigabyte card and I'm trying to get a refund but contacting Newegg is almost impossible. Should I use the replace button or is that not a refund?

Thanks.

If you don't have a "Refund" button then your only option is to get a replacement. Are you looking on the "Order History" page? Was the card refurbished or was it new?

-KuJoe

What's wrong with the card?

Haven't shopped at Newegg before, but if you go to your order information there should be an option to request a refund/return the item.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

What's wrong with the card?

Haven't shopped at Newegg before, but if you go to your order information there should be an option to request a refund/return the item.

The fans have spotted working and make a weird buzzing sound. The order page only has a replace button but I'm trying to get a refund so I can buy an MSI card instead. The Gigabyte software is absolutely awful.

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

If you don't have a "Refund" button then your only option is to get a replacement. Are you looking on the "Order History" page? Was the card refurbished or was it new?

It was brand new so it's weird I cant get a refund.

1 minute ago, NickB said:

The Gigabyte software is absolutely awful.

:D  It really is! That Aorus software coupled with the broken RGB fusion software is just absolutely horrible - Gigabyte Graphics card owner here too.

Which model card is it?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

You can use MSI Afterburner with a Gigabyte card.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

:D  It really is! That Aorus software coupled with the broken RGB fusion software is just absolutely horrible - Gigabyte Graphics card owner here too.

Which model card is it?

lol the RTX 2070, the only RGB option is static and the Aorus software is incredibly slow.

1 minute ago, asand1 said:

You can use MSI Afterburner with a Gigabyte card.

I should but my fans are still bad, I'll see what I can do. 

6 minutes ago, NickB said:

The fans have spotted working and make a weird buzzing sound

Worth considering that the fans have a "STOP" mode where they will stop spinning under certain temperatures. I think it's 40°C by default, but that may vary depending on the card. Do the fans spin when you are playing games?

Does the buzzing noise only happen when the card is under load, or all the time? Might be coil whine.

Here's what it looks like on my screen if I need to request a refund or replacement:

newegg_refund_replace.png.607e50ed0531e4ca8c4c606adafee4f4.png

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Worth considering that the fans have a "STOP" mode where they will stop spinning under certain temperatures. I think it's 40°C by default, but that may vary depending on the card. Do the fans spin when you are playing games?

Does the buzzing noise only happen when the card is under load, or all the time? Might be coil whine.

The fans turn on and off under load, like every second its on, then off, then on back and forth. The buzzing happens when the fans ramp up.

I'm thinking of getting the replacement and selling it as brand new maybe.

Just now, KuJoe said:

Here's what it looks like on my screen if I need to request a refund or replacement:

newegg_refund_replace.png.607e50ed0531e4ca8c4c606adafee4f4.png

I only have a replace button ?

Just now, NickB said:

The fans turn on and off under load, like every second its on, then off, then on back and forth. The buzzing happens when the fans ramp up.

I'm thinking of getting the replacement and selling it as brand new maybe.

See if you can phone Newegg and explain the situation and have customer support start the refund process. Just because there's no button on your end doesn't mean they can't refund it. Even if for whatever reason they refuse to give a refund, I'm sure if you explain that you want to purchase a different model from a different manufacturer instead, they should be willing to give you a refund in the form of store credit/gift card that you could use to buy the MSI card.

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

See if you can phone Newegg and explain the situation and have customer support start the refund process. Just because there's no button on your end doesn't mean they can't refund it. Even if for whatever reason they refuse to give a refund, I'm sure if you explain that you want to purchase a different model from a different manufacturer instead, they should be willing to give you a refund in the form of store credit/gift card that you could use to buy the MSI card.

I'll try, thanks a lot for the help!

If you get to their customer support page, it's kind of tricky to find honestly, you can get in a chat with their support.  Depending on how busy they are you might be in line for a while, but they can usually help you from there.  I can tell you from experience with them though, if refund isn't an option, you will not give you a refund.  

If you plan on trying to sell it, then certainly get it replaced so you're at least selling a functioning one.  I'm sure if it were functioning properly, and you use MSI afterburner, you'd probably like the card just fine though. 

On 12/3/2018 at 9:54 PM, Spotty said:

On 12/4/2018 at 2:57 AM, pstarlord said:

If you get to their customer support page, it's kind of tricky to find honestly, you can get in a chat with their support.  Depending on how busy they are you might be in line for a while, but they can usually help you from there.  I can tell you from experience with them though, if refund isn't an option, you will not give you a refund.  

If you plan on trying to sell it, then certainly get it replaced so you're at least selling a functioning one.  I'm sure if it were functioning properly, and you use MSI afterburner, you'd probably like the card just fine though. 

As a followup, I finally contacted them. They're giving me a store credit refund which is fine with me, I'll replace the current card with an MSI one. I do have to send back the old card too.

2 minutes ago, NickB said:

As a followup, I finally contacted them. They're giving me a store credit refund which is fine with me, I'll replace the current card with an MSI one. I do have to send back the old card too.

Well that's good.  Kind of a pain in the butt situation, but it all worked out.  Times like this are good for practicing patients.  A very lost art these days.  Hope it all works out for ya!