looking for a Ultra Cheap/Budget Laptop, <$50-100 Canadian

Total budget and country of purchase: $100 Max, Canada, Prefer to spend as little as possible ($50 or under prefered)

Do you prefer a 2 in 1 form factor, good battery life or best specifications for the money? Pick or include any that apply: Good battery with charger included

How important is weight and thinness to you?: Not very, as long as it fits in a backpack

Which OS do you require? Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Linux: Windows 7 or newer prefered, if it's not installed is fine as long as it got a valid COA

Do you have a preferred screen size? If indifferent, put N/A: N/A

Are you doing any CAD/video editing/photo editing/gaming? List which programs/games you desire to run:  Able to run World of Warcraft & Older Call of Duty games (thinking CoD 1-4) would be a bonus, but not required.

If you're gaming, do you have certain games you want to play? At what settings and FPS do you want?: World of Warcraft, maybe Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (or other CoD games), minimum settings 30FPS should be fine, as long as it's smooth

Any specific requirements such as good keyboard, reliable build quality, touch-screen, finger-print reader, optical drive or good input devices (keyboard/touchpad)?: DVD Drive, at least 2 USB ports, built in wi-fi, Webcam would be a bonus

Leave any finishing thoughts here that you may feel are necessary and beneficial to the discussion: My 13 year old neice got a laptop (a good one) on her christmas wish list, I asked her what she wanted it for & she said school stuff (Taking notes/looking stuff up) & maybe have some fun, searching the internet & word processing shouldn't be that demanding so If it can play games, even at minimum settings or play youtube videos/netflix/DVDs it would be a bonus, I'm on a fixed monthly income so money is tight otherwise I'd get her something better/more expensive.

Don't need a HDD as I have a 500GB 5400RPM HDD out of a old laptop I had 5-6 years ago, as long as it works & got the HDD Caddy, Battery & Charger/AC Adapter.
Link to local classifieds: https://www.kijiji.ca/b-laptops/kitchener-area/c773l1700209

eBay is another option.

You can't really even buy a tablet for under $100, good luck with finding a laptop for under $100. I'd recommend finding an old used desktop. While it's not portable, and you will need peripherals, it would be a better value.

With 100$ budget you really are looking for something from 2012 or before in the more expencive lineup.

Or 2015 budget laptops. I cant point you anywhere, but good luck on finding a good deal. 100$ canadian isnt where a lot of laptops sit.

I replyed to some on my local classifieds, got 2 replys back so far:

HP Pavilion for $100 (taking offers), Don't have specs listed but it's a AMD CPU (AMD Vision Ultimate, so Quad core possibly) with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Premium graphics (DX 11 support, likely a 5000 series, maybe a 5670 or something) with Windows 7, starts up but don't go into windows, suspected bad HDD, would take something like $80 or so for it: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/kitchener-waterloo/hp-pavilion-laptop-taking-offers/1401535005

Gateway NV53 for $100, Dead battery but charger is included, got a AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M320 (2.1GHz), 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, Windows 7 Home Preimium 64 bit, they would like to get $70 for it: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/kitchener-waterloo/gateway-nv53-laptop/1382312189?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Here's 2 more:

A Business listing titled "Laptop sales" that just says "Lots of laptops available" I replyed & asked "Hi, any available for <$50-100 with charger?", reply back was "might be atad older but it's mint 60$ its yours", I replyed back and asked "Any more information about it? What CPU & GPU? What version of Windows? does it include the charger? Any issues or missing parts?" the reply I got was "absolutely nothing wrong with it yes it comes with the charger I will
attach some photos clean Computer"

looking at the pictures (I'll attach them to this post), it's a Acer Travelmate 4000 series model ZL1 with a Windows XP Professional COA & Intel Centrino CPU (Edit: Centrino would be a platform, would likely have a Pentium M or a Core Solo CPU).

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/kitchener-waterloo/laptop-sales/1400553587

The other is a HP EliteBook 2540p for $100, i7 2.13 GHz (i7-640LM, turbo boost to 2.93GHz), 12.1" display, 160GB HDD, 2GB DDR3 (supports a maximum of 8GB (2x4GB), DVD Drive, Display port, Windows 7 Pro licence, for $100, need battery replaced & windows installed, lowest they'll go is $80: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/kitchener-waterloo/hp-elitebook-2540p-notebook-pc/1395048705

20181202_170722.jpg

20181202_170709.jpg

20181202_170738.jpg

Edited by Lord Letto

21 hours ago, Lord Letto said:

HP Pavilion for $100 (taking offers), Don't have specs listed but it's a AMD CPU (AMD Vision Ultimate, so Quad core possibly) with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Premium graphics (DX 11 support, likely a 5000 series, maybe a 5670 or something) with Windows 7, starts up but don't go into windows, suspected bad HDD, would take something like $80 or so for it: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/kitchener-waterloo/hp-pavilion-laptop-taking-offers/1401535005

I'm currently leaning towards this one, I'm not sure of the specs but I'd guess Phenom II Quad-Core (P920 to N970) & a mid range Mobility Radeon HD 5000 GPU (5650 to 5770), I think that should be fine maybe for 10+ year old CoD games at medium 1366x768 or 720p maybe & maybe WoW at 720p low settings. 

Edit: it's a Pavilion dv7 from 2012 or 2010, considering it got ATI branding that was phased out in 2010 I'd say it's a 2010 model (dv7z-4000 to 4300)

Just found something for $30 over max budget & needs the battery replaced, just wondering how it'd perform compared to the HP dv7 I posted above:

Acer 5750G-6480, i3-2310M, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Nvidia GT 520M, Needs battery but works with included charger, $130 Firm.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-laptops/cambridge/acer-laptop/1392601760

From what I can tell, the i3 would have better Single Core performance than whatever Phenom II Quad-Core the dv7 would come with but depending on what Phenom II Quad-Core it is it may or may not be better, worse or be on par with Quad & Multi-Core performance, as for the GPU, the GT 520M would likely be worse than the Mobility Radeon HD 5650 the dv7 may come with.