immediatetly help > Help Choosing a 1440p ips gaming monitor

durnad
    • Over the last few weeks I’ve been looking into buying a new monitor, primarily for gaming. I’ve been running an old 1080p display for years, but I’ve been noticing more and more how bad the colours and brightness of the screen actually are. During my research I learned 2 things:

1. I’d probably get more enjoyment out of a 1440p IPS screen than a 144hz TN screen
      2. There are A LOT of monitors to choose from, and trying to pick out the one that has the best price/quality is a weeks long adventure on its own

So, I’m looking for a 1440p IPS monitor, preferably 27″ or larger and with low amounts of lag. My budget is about €900, but I’m willing to go higher if it gets me a much better monitor.

Any advice?

So which monitors have you already look at?
Because no one is willing to do the work for you, but help is no problem.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

for  ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27  are  there  good  reviews;'

one person told me and  tell me if  you agree or disagree

• the PG278Q(R) and XB271HUA both have a lot of variability in their gamma handling.

• The ASUS PG279Q has the worst quality control of all of them, you’re more likely to have issues with it. The Acer XB271HU sometimes has gamma issues that aren’t correctable with the OSD (so it’s a lottery with that – just like with many of the TN models). You are by no means guaranteed a perfect ViewSonic XG2730-GS or AOC AG271QG, but the odds are better than with the PG279Q and the calibration seems to be consistently good without gamma issues – unlike the XB271HU.

what is  your  opinion  for all these  things;