Bought a NZXT H440 and ID Cooling Auraflow RGB 120L. Need help with cable management.

GeeGee

Hello guys. I bought these 2 lovely items for 50% discount each and was wondering if you could assist me where to connect each pins (I cannot get the tech to do this because the case weighs 10 kg + I commute a public jeepney 37 kms away from home).

1. I got this kind of hub in my NZXT H440 and everything is pre-connected in the Fan hub. My question for this one:

1. Is the NZXT logo LED light (the one in the upper right of the cable side panel) already connected to this hub? If not, then I'll check it again tonight and get back to you.

2. I think I saw a connector (it looks like the one being put to the SYS/CPU_Fan), should I bother connect it to the motherboard?

3. I don't wanna blow my motherboard. Should I directly connect the molex adapter to the PSU? Not really bothered with it running 100% fan since I'll be using a headset.

2. The Auraflow 120L I bought has each 1 RGB and 1 Power cable on the Radiator Fan and the pump. The motherboard I will buy is a Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (MSI B450 Mortar has no stocks).

1. I understand that I should connect each RGB cable to RGB adapter, but where do I put the Power cable of the Pump and Radiator Fan in the Motherboard (because there's no AIO_Pump header, only CPU_FAN, LED_CPU and SYS_FAN)?

2. I wanted the motherboard to control the RGB color shifting. I see a LED_CPU and a 12V GRBW. In the instruction manual, it says put the RGB Adapter in a 12V RGB header. Can I put it in the 12V GRBW header (skipping W), only putting it in 12V GRB or in the LED_CPU?

To anyone who can help, I hope you got a lot of patience in teaching me with this and thanks is advance. I have an experience on assembling the System Unit but Fan hub and AiO Liquid Cooling is new to me. I also wanted to feel the excitement of building my own first PC which I worked hard.

welcome to the forum!

Why are you buying a micro ATX motherboard for an ATX? Because buying a full size motherboard will have more fan headers, and more rgb headers depending on what motherboard you buy. You should get an ATX motherboard, it'll make this easier.

1. Did you check where the wires for the led logo even go? I'm gonna take a guess that its already connected to something, possibly the hub, but you should just follow the wires.

2. Is the connector you think you saw a 4 pin PWM connector? You should check what its wired to so you can know what it is

3. Whats the molex adapter for? As far as I can tell its a connector for fans to molex. If its a fan with a 4 pin PWM connection, you should plug it into the motherboard fan headers

For the water cooler

1. The radiator fans are plugged into the same system fan headers that the case fans get plugged into.

2. I'll be quite honest, I have no clue what this "RGB Adapter" is for and what cable you would like to plug into it.

3. It sounds like theres not enough headers for everything you need. I checked the specs of the motherboard and I don't think there actually is enough stuff for you to connect to.

4. You say you want to control the RGB with the the motherboards software, I assume this is the water cooler's RGB cable? Based on the site's details, the RGB for the water cooler is supposed to be plugged into a 12V-G-R-B header.

Theres some things I was a little confused on too, but I can tell you that you should definitely pick a different motherboard with more headers so you can have more stuff to work with.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

welcome to the forum!

Why are you buying a micro ATX motherboard for an ATX? Because buying a full size motherboard will have more fan headers, and more rgb headers depending on what motherboard you buy. You should get an ATX motherboard, it'll make this easier.

1. Did you check where the wires for the led logo even go? I'm gonna take a guess that its already connected to something, possibly the hub, but you should just follow the wires.

2. Is the connector you think you saw a 4 pin PWM connector? You should check what its wired to so you can know what it is

3. Whats the molex adapter for? As far as I can tell its a connector for fans to molex. If its a fan with a 4 pin PWM connection, you should plug it into the motherboard fan headers

For the water cooler

1. The radiator fans are plugged into the same system fan headers that the case fans get plugged into.

2. I'll be quite honest, I have no clue what this "RGB Adapter" is for and what cable you would like to plug into it.

3. It sounds like theres not enough headers for everything you need. I checked the specs of the motherboard and I don't think there actually is enough stuff for you to connect to.

4. You say you want to control the RGB with the the motherboards software, I assume this is the water cooler's RGB cable? Based on the site's details, the RGB for the water cooler is supposed to be plugged into a 12V-G-R-B header.

Theres some things I was a little confused on too, but I can tell you that you should definitely pick a different motherboard with more headers so you can have more stuff to work with.

Could you recommend a B350 or a B450 motherboard that I can use for this?

1 minute ago, GeeGee said:

whats your budget?

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, GeeGee said:

because you're going to be getting more features from an x470 board. I do not recommend you buying x370 or b350 boards, they weren't the greatest.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

2 minutes ago, mxk. said:

because you're going to be getting more features from an x470 board. I do not recommend you buying x370 or b350 boards, they weren't the greatest.

I cannot give you a budget because there's different prices in our country (a lot of additional taxes). Just recommend good ones, though I'm looking at the following ATX for the B450 series.

1. MSI B450 Gaming Plus

2. ASUS ROG Strix B450-F

3. Gigabyte B-450 Aorus Pro

4. AsRock B450 Pro

2 minutes ago, GeeGee said:

I cannot give you a budget because there's different prices in our country (a lot of additional taxes). Just recommend good ones, though I'm looking at the following ATX for the B450 series.

1. MSI B450 Gaming Plus

2. ASUS ROG Strix B450-F

3. Gigabyte B-450 Aorus Pro

4. AsRock B450 Pro

Out of all the of these the asus rog strix is probably the best option out of these, but my recommendation is the MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Out of all the of these the asus rog strix is probably the best option out of these, but my recommendation is the MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC

Thanks. Will look into it if there are stocks on the shops. Seriously, we cannot find great parts here and are not budget friendly. Will get back to you after checking it out.

14 minutes ago, GeeGee said:

Thanks. Will look into it if there are stocks on the shops. Seriously, we cannot find great parts here and are not budget friendly. Will get back to you after checking it out.

that sucks man. Good luck!

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra