need help - which tablet to buy

13mpty

Hello everyone, 

so, I got my wife a computer a few months back and well its not for her i would say, she barely uses it and when she does its a pain in her ass, take it out, turn it on, boot up bla bla... so I was thinking on a tablet laptop but I have no idea what to do here, I heard Surface Pro are nice , so i am looking for recommendations 

Thank you

So do you want a tablet, a laptop or a 2-in-1?

If she just does browsing, look at the Surface Go instead, but not the 4GB/64GB model. Much cheaper than the pro.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I was thinking more like a 2 in 1 only if this will be better than a tablet, she does browsing and likes to see pictures of our baby (lol), she is not a gamer so she doesnt need anything crazy but she does need the speed

not an apple fan not getting one no apples at home

9 minutes ago, 13mpty said:

I was thinking more like a 2 in 1 only if this will be better than a tablet, she does browsing and likes to see pictures of our baby (lol), she is not a gamer so she doesnt need anything crazy but she does need the speed

If you arent a fan of apple the only thing I could recommend is the surface, actual android tablets are trash 

8 hours ago, 13mpty said:

Please don't rule out a good option for her simply because of your own preferences.  What is she willing to use?  The iPad is widely regarded as the best mobile tablet on the market, so it'd be a shame to make her use a mediocre Android tablet, or to get her another Windows laptop in the guise of a tablet (that is, a Surface).

I'd suggest going to a store where she can try these things herself, preferably in a fully functional way (ideally Apple and Microsoft stores).  You don't have to switch to all Apple everything if your wife ends up with an iPad.

Nicely said. Surface devices are indeed Windows Notebooks, dusguised as a Tablet.

But for the Pure Tablet use, they aren't really good. Windows is really not touch friendly. And much slower than a similar priced iOS. (for example, a Surface Go is much slower in day2day usage than a cheaper iPad 2018).

For Tablets, there is really only 1 Argument, why one should pick a Windows Device over an iPad: You need the x86 based Windows OS, because you need to use specific Applications.