Do you trust wccftech?

brownninja97

Ive noticed that quite a lot of people dont like this place, im just wondering because i might just decide to ignore anything that they post in the future or have a notice that its from wccftech so it could be bias or wrong. So far ive only heard negative feedback from it, does anyone have anything positive about them or are they not to be trusted at all?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

No, not at all, a great great deal of what they post is complete nonsense or based on the wildest rumours they can find

I read a thread there once about an AMD 12 or 16 core FX CPU that drew something like 75w and ran at 5Ghz

That's the kinda crap they post

EDIT- It was 6Ghz actually

Does AMD even make anything that runs at 75w?! xD

I have never even heard of them so i have no idea about what they even do lol

http://wccftech.com/

Reviews and News and I think no one trusts them who has a bit of technological understanding :P

I7-4770k - ASUS Maximus VI Formula - 16GB ADATA 2133MHz - EVGA 780 SC - 512GB Intel SSD - 2TB WD Black - Thermaltake DPS 750W

Anandtech, LTT, overclock.net, anandtech forums, etc. are sufficient, even if that site didn't have such a bad rep or any false info. Just avoid them to save time and potential headaches. There's a handful of high quality alternatives and unbiased/open forum places to refer to for any sort of discussion, news, reviews, or anything else you can think of.

when THEY come up with so called leaks its totally false (link bait)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

http://wccftech.com/

Reviews and News and I think no one trusts them who has a bit of technological understanding :P

Anyone with that sort of technological understanding won't visit a tech/review site or forum for the any hardware details.  :rolleyes:

Anyone with that sort of technological understanding won't visit a tech/review site or forum for the any hardware details.  :rolleyes:

Well looking at your avatar it seems you might actually like wccf, why is that?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well looking at your avatar it seems you might actually like wccf, why is that?

Im the hardware editor at WCCF. I don't post here that often but i enjoy the forum discussion.

Im the hardware editor at WCCF.

Well as some feedback i think you should try to tell the readers that something is a rumor and isnt certain, i know it sounds blatent but it seems that wccf has got some bad rep, not sure how long that has been there, its suprising how a simple misinterpretation can be. Maybe there should be a rumors section and then a news section for any confirmed stuff.

(i think community can be childish at times)

Listen if you care.

Well as some feedback i think you should try to tell the readers that something is a rumor and isnt certain, i know it sounds blatent but it seems that wccf has got some bad rep, not sure how long that has been there, its suprising how a simple misinterpretation can be. Maybe there should be a rumors section and then a news section for any confirmed stuff.

(i think community can be childish at times)

You have some valid points and im looking forward to the feedback from you guys, any suggestion are welcome.

As for the post Marto mentioned above (regarding the Phenom IV), i clearly tagged it as a rumor and even added notes at the start and ending of that article - http://wccftech.com/rumor-amd-phenom-iv-x12-170-baeca-25nm-cpu-leaked-features-12-cores-6-ghz-core-clock-am4-socket-compatbility/

Its been so long since i posted it that i don't even want to talk about it but i knew it was a fake and im clearly hinting to that in my article. Still i apologize for posting that since some people take it too seriously (no hard feelings).

If there's anything you or anyone else want's to ask, go ahead. im all ears.

As for the bad rep, our reputation started going downside during the pre-bulldozer launch days and i blame the AMD audience for that and i have my reasons which im willing to discuss through PM.

Does AMD even make anything that runs at 75w?! xD

Their low end APUs that's about it xD

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"