Web browser OS for Old PC

Go to solution Solved by Isgolo,

I'll take xubuntu

Thank you all

First the web browser OS:

I want something on the line of Chromium OS or similar, just web browsing and Docs. It is for a school, and they want the PCs to be restricted just to that. 

I have already tried CloudReady, but it doesn't work. I also tried to install Chromium OS, compiled by ArnoldTheBat, but the installer wont work (or i dont know how to use it, never used linux before).

Motherboard: MS6743

Processor: Pentium 4 3GHz

RAM: 1/2Gb DDR400 (Probably 2Gb, there are 22 PCs, and I have to prepare 10, so i'm maxing the 10)

Graphics card: ATI 9250 128Mb / ATI 9200SE AGP8X 64Mb

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80Gb

Really with a pentium 4 its gonna be slow no matter what you do. Id almost just toss these.

Will a linux distro like lubuntu work? You can just install a web browser and disable everything else.

56 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Will a linux distro like lubuntu work? You can just install a web browser and disable everything else.

If I cant find a browser OS ill problably try installing Linux Mint, Lubuntu or Xubuntu

22 hours ago, Isgolo said:

If I cant find a browser OS ill problably try installing Linux Mint, Lubuntu or Xubuntu

Also, if you go this route, these OS's don't care about what hardware changes you make, only install and set-up one.

Once it's working you can just mirror the whole drive as many times as you want, keep spares and still have one to modify/update if you need to extend the capabilities in future.