Help with printer serial cable

FaiL___

Did he stumble into 1990 and buy a printer?

Ebay or another used site is going to be your best bet these days.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Did he stumble into 1990 and buy a printer?

Ebay or another used site is going to be your best bet these days.

The problem is that I don't know what cable it needs, as it seems to be a proprietary cable that doesn't have a name

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

It says it has a network interface, why not just use that?

Okay first things first... You do realize your dad bought a plotter? These things are like industrial grade printers that consumers shouldn't really be using.

Otherwise it looks like you're supposed to hook this up to a network or, in a pinch, use a IEEE-1284 cable.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Okay first things first... You do realize your dad bought a plotter? These things are like industrial grade printers that consumers shouldn't really be using.

Otherwise it looks like you're supposed to hook this up to a network or, in a pinch, use a IEEE-1284 cable.

I did know, he's starting a design and craft kinda company, like printing posters he makes and stuff, and basically, the drivers for the network port were only updated for versions lower than what his mac is on, so he can't use the network port with it, he has to use the serial port, and if you look in the link i put in the first op, it states that most cables follow a standard, but this one does not.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.