Anyone have the Razer Huntsman?

Emanbaird

I've had a Blackwidow TE (2014), k70 RGB (red), a G710+ (Blues) And G810+ (ROMER G), and i have always liked my Tactile switches better, I recently brought my G710+ to work and now i need a good keyboard for typing. I'm going to go to the local electronics store today and test out the Razer Huntsman, but before i go, does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with the Keyboard.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Most of the modern day keyboard are the same.

Just go for one which you like aesthetically and can afford.

Me personally I've been using the razer blackwidow w green switches. It gets kind of loud but I like it.

Just go with whatever you like, but make sure its mechanical.

Its a rather light clicky switch though theres not much tactility to it, also, the stabilizers squeak a lot according to my friend who ones one. Tbh, not a very nice board for typing. 

If you want a good typing board I would buy a Topre Realforce 87/104 55g (If you have a spare Kidney), A Leopold (Great build quality for a modern keyboard), IBM Model M 101-key Keyboard (If you want a true clicky keyboard), Any Brown, Cream, Salmon or Blue Alps board (If you can find any that is). 

I ended up getting it, i got the Huntsman (Non-Elite), for $100, the tactile feedback is definitely minute, but the responsiveness, and the weight is perfect. It's also probably on par or better than the corsair utility, and definitely better than the Logitech lighting software, my favorite feature so far is the modules system Razer has, i was able to get my Phillips Hue lights synced up with my keyboard. I'm gonna play around with it a bit more tonight.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2018 at 7:55 PM, b emoji said:

Its a rather light clicky switch though there's not much tactility to it, also, the stabilizers squeak a lot according to my friend who ones one. Tbh, not a very nice board for typing. 

If you want a good typing board I would buy a Topre Realforce 87/104 55g (If you have a spare Kidney), A Leopold (Great build quality for a modern keyboard), IBM Model M 101-key Keyboard (If you want a true clicky keyboard), Any Brown, Cream, Salmon or Blue Alps board (If you can find any that is). 

actually it's a GREAT board for typing - it just takes a bit of getting used to -

The BEST thing about this board is that there is ZERO !!! key wobble - literally - Every switch has it's own stabilizer bar and eliminates key wobble completely.

I own 3 Corsair  K70 models with red , speed and blue switches and a Razer BW V2 and I can honestly say once you experience the huntsman and feel the zero key wobble switches there's no going back to wobble cherry switches with Rattling space bars

The huntsman comes out the box 100% ready - no need to customize - lube the stabilizers etc .. - it's just perfect .

as for the comment about the squeaking stabilizers - that has to be an isolated example - I've personally tried 3 different huntsman keyboards and they were all 100% perfect

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

1 hour ago, Jessop said:

actually it's a GREAT board for typing - it just takes a bit of getting used to -

The BEST thing about this board is that there is ZERO !!! key wobble - literally - Every switch has it's own stabilizer bar and eliminates key wobble completely.

I own 3 Corsair  K70 models with red , speed and blue switches and a Razer BW V2 and I can honestly say once you experience the huntsman and feel the zero key wobble switches there's no going back to wobble cherry switches with Rattling space bars

The huntsman comes out the box 100% ready - no need to customize - lube the stabilizers etc .. - it's just perfect .

as for the comment about the squeaking stabilizers - that has to be an isolated example - I've personally tried 3 different huntsman keyboards and they were all 100% perfect

I guess it's personal preference, but in my experience the razer keyboards have very minuscule tactility which I do not like. Key wobble isnt an issue with me on my topre and custom boards, but I agree that the huntsman is a lot better stabilized than Corsair boards, I've tried a k70 and their stabilizer managed to make the spacebar to feel mushy when pressed own. 

On 10/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, Emanbaird said:

I ended up getting it, i got the Huntsman (Non-Elite), for $100, the tactile feedback is definitely minute, but the responsiveness, and the weight is perfect. It's also probably on par or better than the corsair utility, and definitely better than the Logitech lighting software, my favorite feature so far is the modules system Razer has, i was able to get my Phillips Hue lights synced up with my keyboard. I'm gonna play around with it a bit more tonight.

glad you like it. Coming from a bunch of Cherry MX Brown and Blue switch keyboards, trying the Huntsman Elite was love at first... type.

The switches feel very similar to Cherry MX blues (tactile bump, clicky), but it was super obvious to me immediately both that the actuation force is lower (fingers don't get tired typing on them), as well as that the actuation point and reset point are higher up (they're actually at the same spot on the Razer purple opto-mechanical switches).

This is extra nice all round because you don't need to press the keys in very far to actuate, and they reset immediately when you begin to lift off so you end up being able to type faster and with less effort.

I wish they had a Huntsman TKL however, since I got  used to not having the number pad in the way after using an Asus ROG Claymore for a few months (attached the numpad maybe once in 3 months).

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse