Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WaterlooDude

Ways to retrieve an NCIX Invoice

Posted · Original PosterOP

Good afternoon people.

My Corsair H100i V2 broke down yesterday, and I filed a ticket to Corsair. Apparently they require me to attach a copy of receipt.

Here is the problem. I bought it from NCIX less than two years ago, but we all know the company went bankrupt. I can no longer find 

an electronic copy of the receipt. Unfortunately I did not download it from NCIX's website before their server went down. 

In one word, is there any possible way that I can retrieve an old NCIX receipt? 😉

Partly joking and partly serious... it's probably floating around on the sketchy areas of the internet and you could get it that way.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Partly joking and partly serious... it's probably floating around on the sketchy areas of the internet and you could get it that way.

Aha, the data breach. My experience with NCIX really was meh. 

Corasir may be willing to work with you if you address that it was purchased from NCIX and the invoice can no longer be retrieved.

By chance, have you attempted to do so?

CPU:  Intel  i7-4790k | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z | Cooling: Swiftech H240x2/XSPC Raystorm Pro | MOBO: MSI Z97-G45 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1    

SSD: 250GB Crucial MX200 (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500 | Case: NZXT S340 Elite | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 | HDD: 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | 1x Seagate Barracuda 1TB

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~

33 minutes ago, WaterlooDude said:

I delete old emails every six months. I don't have it. 

That's bad practice

Spoiler

(`-')  _     .->    _(`-')     _                  (`-')                        (`-').-> 
   <-.    ( OO).-/ (`(`-')/`)( (OO ).-> (_)     _        <-.(OO )      .->        .->    ( OO)_   
 ,--. )  (,------.,-`( OO).', \    .'_  ,-(`-') \-,-----.,------,)(`-')----. ,--.(,--.  (_)--\_)  
 |  (`-') |  .---'|  |\  |  | '`'-..__) | ( OO)  |  .--./|   /`. '( OO).-.  '|  | |(`-')/    _ /  
 |  |OO )(|  '--. |  | '.|  | |  |  ' | |  |  ) /_) (`-')|  |_.' |( _) | |  ||  | |(OO )\_..`--.  
(|  '__ | |  .--' |  |.'.|  | |  |  / :(|  |_/  ||  |OO )|  .   .' \|  |)|  ||  | | |  \.-._)   \ 
 |     |' |  `---.|   ,'.   | |  '-'  / |  |'->(_'  '--'\|  |\  \   '  '-'  '\  '-'(_ .'\       / 
 `-----'  `------'`--'   '--' `------'  `--'      `-----'`--' '--'   `-----'  `-----'    `-----'  
Spoiler

('-.    (`\ .-') /` _ .-') _                     _  .-')                              .-')    
           _(  OO)    `.( OO ),'( (  OO) )                   ( \( -O )                            ( OO ).  
 ,--.     (,------.,--./  .--.   \     .'_   ,-.-')   .-----. ,------.  .-'),-----.  ,--. ,--.   (_)---\_) 
 |  |.-')  |  .---'|      |  |   ,`'--..._)  |  |OO) '  .--./ |   /`. '( OO'  .-.  ' |  | |  |   /    _ |  
 |  | OO ) |  |    |  |   |  |,  |  |  \  '  |  |  \ |  |('-. |  /  | |/   |  | |  | |  | | .-') \  :` `.  
 |  |`-' |(|  '--. |  |.'.|  |_) |  |   ' |  |  |(_//_) |OO  )|  |_.' |\_) |  |\|  | |  |_|( OO ) '..`''.) 
(|  '---.' |  .--' |         |   |  |   / : ,|  |_.'||  |`-'| |  .  '.'  \ |  | |  | |  | | `-' /.-._)   \ 
 |      |  |  `---.|   ,'.   |   |  '--'  /(_|  |  (_'  '--'\ |  |\  \    `'  '-'  '('  '-'(_.-' \       / 
 `------'  `------''--'   '--'   `-------'   `--'     `-----' `--' '--'     `-----'   `-----'     `-----'  

58 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

That's bad practice

As a good solution, have a folder in your email for receipts, depending on your email client a subfolder for each quarter of each year. When you get a receipt email from anywhere, put it in the folder of when the warranty/return period expires. Every quarter/year, you delete folders that are out of date

7 hours ago, WaterlooDude said:

I delete old emails every six months. I don't have it. 

I used to do that too, until I ran in a similar situation.

Try to work something out with Corsair, explain your case to them, maybe they'll be willing to help you. Not your fault NCIX went backrupt (but it is that you've deleted the email)

The following isn't recommended, but well... (not against the CS as far as I know, but potentially illegal)

Spoiler

Worst case, if you find someone who bought that specific cooler from NCIX and they still have a PDF invoice, you can just edit it in photoshop(because the pdf is secure), change the name, address and phone number with yours instead of theirs(don't forget things like email, dates, etc...).

Then you print it out and scan it. Suddenly you have a "paper invoice" that you've scanned and they wouldn't know any better... Just tell them you looked through all your old crap and somehow found a bunch of old paper invoice, including that one.

Or if you want to do it yourself with any old invoice from NCIX;

From a google search I got this :

• The SKU for it was "125107"
  • The name was "Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I V2 CPU Cooler System LGA1151/1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2"
  • Price was $172.98 CAD (might not be accurate, see here)

https://web.archive.org/web/20180718215236/https://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=125107

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

25 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I used to do that too, until I ran in a similar situation.

Try to work something out with Corsair, explain your case to them, maybe they'll be willing to help you. Not your fault NCIX went backrupt (but it is that you've deleted the email)

The following isn't recommended, but well... (not against the CS as far as I know)
Worst case, if you find someone who bought that specific cooler from NCIX and they still have a PDF invoice, you can just edit it in photoshop(because the pdf is secure), change the name, address and phone number with yours instead of theirs(don't forget things like email, dates, etc...).

Then you print it out and scan it. Suddenly you have a "paper invoice" that you've scanned and they wouldn't know any better... Just tell them you looked through all your old crap and somehow found a bunch of old paper invoice, including that one.

Or if you want to do it yourself with any old invoice from NCIX;

From a google search I got this :

• The SKU for it was "125107"
  • The name was "Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I V2 CPU Cooler System LGA1151/1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2"
  • Price was $172.98 CAD (might not be accurate, see here)

https://web.archive.org/web/20180718215236/https://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=125107

bad thing is, if they get too special about it, you can see what type of compression the image went through and they will see it was through photoshop, tho it might be worth a try

38 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

snip...

Conspiracy to commit an act of fraud, that's a crime right there

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

3 hours ago, Keith W said:

Conspiracy to commit an act of fraud, that's a crime right there

The fact they demand an invoice, for a product that has a 5 year warranty, but hasn't even been out for 5 years, is what should be a crime IMO.

They bought that cooler, lost the invoice(due to negligence on their part really) and the store he bought it from went out of business, what are they supposed to do if Corsair refuse to service them regardless? Throw the warranty in the trash along with the product just because of that?
The invoice proves nothing other than confirming that you, or someone else (if you buy in-store and pay cash, your name ain't gonna appear on the invoice you receive), at one point or another, paid for that product... And sometimes invoices use acronyms so you can't even tell if it's that product at all, rendering it useless.

Hell, for example, I had bought an extended warranty for a monitor, on the invoice it literally said "PSP screen protection" as the "item" for the warranty.

You'd think I'd just bought a god damn screen protector for the psp console if you looked at that invoice and didn't know any better.

3 hours ago, SirReno said:

bad thing is, if they get too special about it, you can see what type of compression the image went through and they will see it was through photoshop, tho it might be worth a try

Maybe taking a picture of a printed invoice would be harder to tell then? Not everyone has scanners after all.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Contact the spammer which bought the database and ask for the invoice. 🤔

You don't have a invoice but you may have used paypal and there website is still online with transaction details. Or just wait for corsair answer.