Ways to retrieve an NCIX Invoice

Good afternoon people.

My Corsair H100i V2 broke down yesterday, and I filed a ticket to Corsair. Apparently they require me to attach a copy of receipt.

Here is the problem. I bought it from NCIX less than two years ago, but we all know the company went bankrupt. I can no longer find 

an electronic copy of the receipt. Unfortunately I did not download it from NCIX's website before their server went down. 

In one word, is there any possible way that I can retrieve an old NCIX receipt? ?

Is there one in your email?

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

Partly joking and partly serious... it's probably floating around on the sketchy areas of the internet and you could get it that way.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Partly joking and partly serious... it's probably floating around on the sketchy areas of the internet and you could get it that way.

Aha, the data breach. My experience with NCIX really was meh. 

Corasir may be willing to work with you if you address that it was purchased from NCIX and the invoice can no longer be retrieved.

By chance, have you attempted to do so?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

58 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

That's bad practice

As a good solution, have a folder in your email for receipts, depending on your email client a subfolder for each quarter of each year. When you get a receipt email from anywhere, put it in the folder of when the warranty/return period expires. Every quarter/year, you delete folders that are out of date

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

7 hours ago, WaterlooDude said:

I delete old emails every six months. I don't have it. 

I used to do that too, until I ran in a similar situation.

Try to work something out with Corsair, explain your case to them, maybe they'll be willing to help you. Not your fault NCIX went backrupt (but it is that you've deleted the email)

The following isn't recommended, but well... (not against the CS as far as I know, but potentially illegal)

Spoiler

Worst case, if you find someone who bought that specific cooler from NCIX and they still have a PDF invoice, you can just edit it in photoshop(because the pdf is secure), change the name, address and phone number with yours instead of theirs(don't forget things like email, dates, etc...).

Then you print it out and scan it. Suddenly you have a "paper invoice" that you've scanned and they wouldn't know any better... Just tell them you looked through all your old crap and somehow found a bunch of old paper invoice, including that one.

Or if you want to do it yourself with any old invoice from NCIX;

From a google search I got this :

• The SKU for it was "125107"
  • The name was "Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I V2 CPU Cooler System LGA1151/1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2"
  • Price was $172.98 CAD (might not be accurate, see here)

https://web.archive.org/web/20180718215236/https://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=125107

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

25 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I used to do that too, until I ran in a similar situation.

Try to work something out with Corsair, explain your case to them, maybe they'll be willing to help you. Not your fault NCIX went backrupt (but it is that you've deleted the email)

The following isn't recommended, but well... (not against the CS as far as I know)
Worst case, if you find someone who bought that specific cooler from NCIX and they still have a PDF invoice, you can just edit it in photoshop(because the pdf is secure), change the name, address and phone number with yours instead of theirs(don't forget things like email, dates, etc...).

Then you print it out and scan it. Suddenly you have a "paper invoice" that you've scanned and they wouldn't know any better... Just tell them you looked through all your old crap and somehow found a bunch of old paper invoice, including that one.

Or if you want to do it yourself with any old invoice from NCIX;

From a google search I got this :

• The SKU for it was "125107"
  • The name was "Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I V2 CPU Cooler System LGA1151/1150/1155/1156/AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2"
  • Price was $172.98 CAD (might not be accurate, see here)

https://web.archive.org/web/20180718215236/https://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=125107

bad thing is, if they get too special about it, you can see what type of compression the image went through and they will see it was through photoshop, tho it might be worth a try

3 hours ago, Keith W said:

Conspiracy to commit an act of fraud, that's a crime right there

The fact they demand an invoice, for a product that has a 5 year warranty, but hasn't even been out for 5 years, is what should be a crime IMO.

They bought that cooler, lost the invoice(due to negligence on their part really) and the store he bought it from went out of business, what are they supposed to do if Corsair refuse to service them regardless? Throw the warranty in the trash along with the product just because of that?
The invoice proves nothing other than confirming that you, or someone else (if you buy in-store and pay cash, your name ain't gonna appear on the invoice you receive), at one point or another, paid for that product... And sometimes invoices use acronyms so you can't even tell if it's that product at all, rendering it useless.

Hell, for example, I had bought an extended warranty for a monitor, on the invoice it literally said "PSP screen protection" as the "item" for the warranty.

You'd think I'd just bought a god damn screen protector for the psp console if you looked at that invoice and didn't know any better.

3 hours ago, SirReno said:

bad thing is, if they get too special about it, you can see what type of compression the image went through and they will see it was through photoshop, tho it might be worth a try

Maybe taking a picture of a printed invoice would be harder to tell then? Not everyone has scanners after all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, Corsair seems not to buy my explanation. 

I guess I will never buy anything from them 1.PNG.8088418788fe519cdc09494f7c5678a5.PNG

• 1 month later...

If you find someone, over the phone, that will work with you at corsair, you can tell them your predicament and have them track your lot # and serial #, that'll validate your story since they'll have it logged that the batch was sold to NCIX. Factory warranties aren't tracked nor maintained by the vendor.

Pro tip, ask them how their day is,  be engaged in a bit of small talk,  apologize for being a nuisance and be thankful for the time they're willing to dedicate to you, it goes a hell of a long way and will get the customer service rep engaged in the issue in the positive sense.

Good luck!

"Surround yourself with professionals and never be the smartest person in the room" -Someone much smarter than I

Find me on Rainbow 6 seige - Beeried94

On 10/11/2018 at 5:03 PM, Keith W said:

Conspiracy to commit an act of fraud, that's a crime right there

Not sure how that goes since he *did* actually buy from them there isn't fraud going on but maybe something "lesser" like document tampering/forging, etc.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

40 minutes ago, Keith W said:

Read my post carefully and in particular pay attention to who I quoted ?

I read yours but I did skim over theirs about using a friends invoice and modifying it.  Maybe there was something more to it than that...

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

6 hours ago, ewitte said:

Maybe there was something more to it than that...

not so much Friends, but you got the just of it. 

But i think he is likening it to conspiracy to commit murder (told your plan to the wrong person)  

But there has to be something kinda wrong about taking some one else's invoice and modifying it so you can use it..

But also its not like OP was thinking ahead  NCIX always gave you a physical copy when you picked up, and if you deleted your email... idk what to say.    But its worse if they want a copy of the physical one and you only have the email, and they are not being co-operative.