dual cpu trouble

hello fellow techies

i am hoping someone here has a magic bullet to solve my problem i have a dual socket motherboard that will not boot with my 2x xeon 2660v2 . but will boot just fine with 2x xeon 2609.

if i try to boot with my 2660 i always geta invalid dimm configuration error, but only if i have 2 of them in there but they will work in solo mode doesnt matter wich one

hope some can shed some light on this

sorry about my bad english its not my native tounge

p.s. if need further info just ask away

also i have the latest bios update

Have you made sure mounting pressure is appropriate? Bad pin contact could make memory detection wrong.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i dont touch the memory between cpu swaps so i leave excatly as they are when i have 2609 in the mobo

If i'm remembering correctly the 2609 is only compatible with ddr3 memory and the 2660 is only compatible with ddr4. what memory are you using?

oh wait your using the 2660v2 it is compatible with ddr3. What motherboard are you using?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

According to the documentation I found if you're using the 2660v2 on the board you need bios version 2.01.0002

this is the bios version im running on it System BIOS  - 02.06.0006

led´s that light up are 765 and 321

but i will clear the bios next

Hmmm, I hoped that would have helped you.

Since you say you did have everything working with two other CPU's I assume you do have both 2x4pin CPU power plugged into the motherboard and your RAM has no errors. But can't hurt to check again and run a memtest.

Also if this all turns out into nothing, you maybe want to try your luck over at https://communities.intel.com usually someone from Intel support replies there with helpful information when the first post has a clear problem description and contains sufficient details.

ok i just created an account there hopefully they will be able help me with this