Youtube with ultrawides

Insanity1999

I plan on starting a youtube channel very soon and I am wanting to get an ultrawide (2560x1080). Will this be a problem for uploading 1920x1080 and below resolutions because of black borders? How do I prevent borders if I can use ultrawide?

I really have no knowledge so any is appreciated on these questions or further detail I should be considering for youtube on ultrawides! :)

I will be doing purely screen recording. Possibly face cam later down the track. Are there many cameras with the same aspect/resolution out of interest?

99.999% of people are using 16:9, not ultrawide.

If you want to get a larger audience you should stick to 16:9.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would record in window mode, and run whatever your recording in a 16:9 ratio (1920x1080) for example, and set that as your record window. It will not fill up your screen, but you could put chat, recording programs or other program in the space the game isn't take up so it still is use full. 

If you want to record your entire screen like for a tutorial or something I would change your desktop resolution to 1920x1080 recording what your doing then change it back.

As for the camera question, it depends on the camera, but generally speaking most cameras are 16:9 for video recording, especially cellphone and web cameras.