GTX 580 SLI help

xavier1618

Hey guys i'm new to the forum, but i'm a long time linus tech tips watcher. I currently have a evga gtx 580 running in my computer. i have just added another monitor so now the card shows some stress. my question is i can find another gtx 580 for 400.00 on newegg. but considering the age of the card would it be better going for a 680 or 670 any of the types. my budget is somewhat around the 400 area. i need help. i do some gaming and want to have the other monitor "monitoring" the backround temps of my computer. at times i see some waves on the screen very slightly but they are there. which is why i know that the card is stressing out a bit. thanks in advance.

I would probably go with the 670 for the same $400. It performs the same, if not better. Runs quieter and cooler, also using less power. It'll run games on max, it's super close to the performance of a GTX 680. And then you could sell your old card to pay for the newer 670 (or 680 which is a bit better)

thanks for the advice GreenToxon

Would also suggest a newer card; although i would suggest a 7950 or 7970 as they perform better than the 670 and 680 respectively and also cost slightly cheaper.

buy a used EVGA gtx580 so you can sli.

or just get a gtx 680 if you can find a deal under $400. they come and go sometimes.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro