NVME vs SATA SSD's

Jayliss

Wanting to compare and contrast both NVME and SATA SSD's. What are the pros and cons of each SSD type. No reason just interested

Fast VS SUPER FAST!!

Although NVME is only really noticeable when you’re moving around files and stuff like that (i think lel)

Windows boot and game load speed is negligible between both

Spoiler

But not the price hah

Keep in mind I could be wrong sooo

poop

29 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

Wanting to compare and contrast both NVME and SATA SSD's. What are the pros and cons of each SSD type. No reason just interested

Basically as @IdiotPenguin has said, the main difference is that an NVMe drive will be a jet plane, while an SSD will be a super car, and a regular HDD is just POTATO. For normal day-to-day use, SATA SSD's serve most people fine, offering double to triple HDD speeds around 500-550mb/s read and 300-550mb/s write, depending on the particular drive. An NVMe SSD in contrast offers upwards of 3000mb/s read and 1500mb/s write on the high end, which is great for data-intensive workloads, but won't make a huge difference for consumers. 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)