Gaming Build Help

Shamusbeaton
21 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

heat transfer between Die and IHS, for that even the best cooler is useless because the limiting factor is not the cooler.

The conductive paste between the CPU's die and the integrated heat spreader can be changed out if you are willing to delid the processor which could cause damage to the processor and void the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the chip although for some users it is going to be worth the risks and disadvantages associated for the potential advantages. After that point of inefficiency would be removed, the cooler would need to be sufficient so that the processor would remain at a acceptable or great temperature which will help its longevity and increase performance when overclocking. The thermal paste is another thing which could cause the heat dissipation to be limited.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

2 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

The conductive paste between the CPU's die and the integrated heat spreader can be changed out if you are willing to delid the processor which could cause damage to the processor and void the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the chip

Are you serious?!
I paid 277€ for the CPU and then I should void my warranty and delid the CPU?! Wich, as you said rightfully so, could damage the CPU as well...

Now imagine others would do that stuff. And imagine the flamewar from the Intel side...

You get my point??

For a 100€ CPU, I don't have a Problem with the paste, if we are talking about TDP on the lower side.

But for a 250€+ CPU that is NOT ACCEPTABLE!

After that point of inefficiency would be removed, the cooler would need to be sufficient so that the processor would remain at a acceptable or great temperature which will help its longevity and increase performance when overclocking.

Yeah, but that should have been the situation out of the box, from the Manufacturer! not after some random user does it himself.

You get what I'm going at??

But you seem to be fine with some cost reduction that has some huge disadvantages for the user and potentially also reduces the lifetime of the product...

The thermal paste is another thing which could cause the heat dissipation to be limited.

with the large area between Heatsink and Heatspreader area, no not really. Because why do you think its called a heat spreader??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"