AlexTheGreatish

Touchbar Killer for Windows?

A touchbar killer is a murderer who kills you by beating you to death with a MacBook

All hail thy lord and savior the Arctic Freezer 33 eSports ONE. I run the beta PSU Tier List (DANGER! Jokes! Avoid!)

MAIN RIG (MAXIMA): CPU: Core i7-8700K @5.1GhZ || CPU COOLER : Corsair H115i PRO || MOBO : Asus Prime Z370-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 DT || RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (3000MhZ) || SSD: 970 EVO 250GB, 850 EVO 500GB, 850 EVO 1TB, MX500 1TB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 || PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 850W w/ CableMod Pro Black & White cables || CASE: S340 Elite (Enthoo Pro M incoming) || Monitor: Predator X34-A ||  KEYBOARD: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Browns) || Mouse: Logitech G502 w/ HyperX Fury S || Audio: SteelSeries Arctis 5, Logitech Z313, Blue Snowball iCE || Case Fans : Corsair ML140 x2 ,Noctua NF-F12 IndustrialPPC-2000 x1||

SECONDARY PC : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GhZ|| CPU COOLER : Cooler Master ML240L || MOBO : ASUS STRIX B350-F (borked USB header) MSI (eww) X370 Gaming Pro Carbon|| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Strix || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D 240GB|| HDD: Barracuda 2TB || PSU: SeaSonic Focus+ Gold 650W || CASE: Phanteks P300 || Monitor: ACER KG1 1440p 144HZ ||  KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow X Chroma TE  || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 310 || Audio: HyperX Cloud II || Case Fans : 2x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Noctua NF-S12B Redux

THE THIRD ONE : CPU: i5-7400 || CPU COOLER : Enermax ET-ST40 Fit || MOBO : Gigabyte Z270XP-SLI || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB || RAM: 1x8GB G.Skill Aegis (2666) || SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5 Lite 3D|| HDD: WD Green 500GB || PSU: Corsair CX750M || CASE: MasterBox Lite 5 || Monitor: ViewSonic generic 22" ||  KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2016  || Mouse: HyperX Pulsefire || Audio: Not yet || Case Fans : 1x Phanteks case fan, 1x included fan, 1x NZXT case fan

TRAVEL (DELL LATITUDE E7470): CPU: Core i7-6600U || GPU: Intel HD Graphics :( || RAM: 16GB || SSD: 500GB Generic SATA M.2 || HDD: N/A || PSU: Laptop power brick || CASE: It's a laptop || Monitor: 13" 1080p ||  KEYBOARD: Integrated laptop shitboard || Mouse: Logitech G603 || Audio: Built-in speakers || Case Fans : F**king loud laptop cooler ||

OTHER DEVICES : Honor 7X - Main phone || Samsung Galaxy J3/Vodafone Smart Prime 7 - Spare/MP3 players || iPad 3rd gen iPad Air 1st gen || Kindle Fire 10" & 7" - Running Android 6.0 ||

Forum salt merchant so granted by @dizmo, Grand Deacon of the Glorious Brethren of the Most High Overlords Asus and Arctic Cooling, 5000th post on the PSU Tier List

In Memoriam

August 6, 2018 11:58 PM - August 7, 2018 12:05 AM

May the memories of their shitposts live on forever

Victims of the heinous Banhammer and the evil @iamdarkyoshi

@iamdarkmortis@iamlightyoshi@DarkBuzzsaw

8 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

You win some, you lose some

See the source image

VashTheStampede 4.0:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x | CPU Cooling: EKWB S280 with the EK Supremacy sTR4 RGB Nickel Water Block and Blood Red Premix | Compound: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut | Mobo: Asrock X399 Taichi | Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GBs (2x16) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB SSD/PNY CS900 240GB SSD/Seagate Constellation ES.3 1TB 7200RPM/Toshiba X300 5TB 7200RPM | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Edition | Case: Fractal Define R5 Blackout Edition w/Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W 80+ Gold | Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro | Software: Office Home and Student 2013 | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 with Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS | Headphones/Headsets:  Kingston Hyperx Cloud II/Sony MDR-XB950/B Extra Bass Japanese Version/Massdrop x AKG K7XX/iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile MMCX Detachable IEMs/Skullcandy Ink'd Earbuds(not so great) | Mic: Audio-Technica ATR2500 | Speakers: JBL 305P MkII Studio Monitors | Other:  Vipmaz Extended Xxxl Mousepad and Magnetic Cablemod Red LED Strips

Laptop:

Getting a Surface Pro 3 or 4 for basic use in Dec and a clevo for gaming use next summer.

Current Phone:

Pegasus/Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930U[Replacing next year with the new Pixel]

Gaming Stuffs:

Sony-PS3, PS4 Pro Starwars Limited Edition, Vita OLED Wifi, and a PSTV.

MS-Xbox Original, Xbox 360, and an XBO S.

Nintendo-NES, YOBO NES, SNES Mini, N64.

SEGA-Game Gear+SEGA CDX

SNK/Playmore-NGPC

Randoms-Rare Space Invaders Keychain+1970s Pachinko.

Mini PC:

Gir/RPi 3 Model B

Tablet:

HD8

9 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Dell XPS 15.  Keyboard, build quality and temps are a whole lot better.  The biggest reason I can't recommend the Zenbook pro are the touch temps, there is no point in a portable laptop if you can't use it on your lap.

I don’t know about dells honestly, both me and my dad had dells (I had the Inspiron and he had the xps), used them extensively, not for super heavy stuff, and we both had issues after about a year... 

the system would just crash, and need to reboot. 

I think the thermals get very bad on dells after a while. 

Nonetheless, I’d still go for it if someone tells me his Dell had no issues after more than two years of use. Maybe I should just learn how to do the maintenance properly. 

Thanks for your help :-)

I personally would bring a mouse to a laptop ._. the screenpad apps taking up 90-100% of the trackpad wouldn't totally kill it for me since I have a mouse

(although I can imagine the accidental touching while typing ._.)

13 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

You win some, you lose some

snf-darwin.jpg?v=1492006883

14 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Kindof looks like the same censor ASUS used for my Vivobook 15. Like where are these manufacturers getting these parts? Along with those stupid 1366x768 displays, you'll probably have to dig deep into warehouses in Shenzhen to even find parts of this low spec anymore.  

Isn't it funny how Chinese manufacturers seem to be pushing the boundaries when it comes to displays for the masses while your well known ASUSs, Lenovos, HPs, Dells, are still pushing out the same crap that would've been revolutionary... in 2006.

yeah those 768 displays got me pissed more than any webcam, xD seems like a pest... like throw 20 tvs at 200-400$ and a few of them are 768 xD and they call HD , hd my ass a 42inch 720p display has the high definition on the plastic that shows its brand, nothing else xD 

And when a 768 laptop stutters when you connect any 1080p monitor to play xD ? thats the best

26 minutes ago, abazigal said:

The video barely touches on the touchbar feature of the MacBook Pro. Am I missing something?

Maybe because it isn't about the macbook pro?

Catch but a wink hath said the Platypus
Parts list

This is pretty garbage compared to the TouchBar. You shouldn't need to toggle between a touchpad or an application, you should have the luxury of both.

To add, as shown if you read the news article Linus, instead of skimming, the Core i9 problem was not exclusive to the MacBook. 

MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2016 / i7 6700HQ / AMD 450 2GB / 16GB RAM / Touché Bar / Mojave 10.14

iPhone 7 / 256GB / iOS 12

Apple Watch / WatchOS 4.3.1

Pioneer AVH-2150bt

Peugeot 407 2.0 HDI Coupé

Denon PMA-250 / 100W Warfdale

SONY GTK-XB7

I've heard there are delays when using the touchpad-screen in some situations. It's a very cool idea but it may not ready for prime time yet even with open software. The thermal throttling, sheesh what were they thinking. This, the XPS 97570 and the Macbook Pro... were the engineers told to shut the hell up when they kept telling their bosses the cooling system couldn't keep up with the i9, nor the high end i7s?