Should I wipe my SSD and Reinstall Windows?

M3talGod2

I'm completely upgrading my system. I got a new motherboard, a new CPU and some Ram. Should I just wipe my SSD of my current windows install and just reinstall everything? Or can I use my current install with no problems?

You can keep everything and it will work. Some people may prefer to wipe and reinstall because sometimes Windows can start getting slow and bloated and needs a refresh.

31 minutes ago, M3talGod2 said:

I'm completely upgrading my system. I got a new motherboard, a new CPU and some Ram. Should I just wipe my SSD of my current windows install and just reinstall everything? Or can I use my current install with no problems?

You can keep it, but there are often issues, such as old drivers software optimizations and the like for your computer, that you can never fully get rid of. Much like what happened to JayzTwoCents, it usually is just a good idea to reinstall windows. 

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

Do not wipe the SSD! it isn't necessary. Just do and it will lightly reduce remaining write life. a quick format, then renstall.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!