A new gpu card help

Svarog034
Go to solution Solved by jeffmeyer5295,

Sorry to hear you've had that kind of trouble man, always sucks to want to game and can't.

If it were me, I'd go with the 1050ti, keep a little bit in savings and save up to pick up a new board/cpu down the road. the 8350 might bottle neck a modern gpu a bit but you'll be able to play.

Hi guys, I've had my r9 280x for almost 4 years,  but two months ago, the chip died.

I was diagnosed with some nasty medical conditions so gaming wasn't "pleasant" at all, and when I got a bit better around 2 months ago, I was able to use my hands, but sadly, only after a few days the gpu died. 

I was working hard and saving money for the new one and by buying it my savings will become empty. I do not know which one would do the job, as way too many told me that my 8350 would bottleneck a 1060 heavily and I am yet to make the decision. 

I currently have 

Amd 8350 with 212 evo

Gd65 990fxa mobo

2x4Gb Blue patriot viper (dd3 i suppose) 

630w Thermaltake silver

Keep in mind that the prices in Serbia are insane  due to the corrupt government, and the cheapest 1060 6gb is ~420$, and 1050ti msi gaming x is 270$.

I still can buy 1060 6gb msi gaming x for 410$ via Hungarian shops. My price range must not exceed 41k serbian dinars (410$)

If you want to browse through our shops please use

winwin.rs  Or    emmi.rs 

Sorry to hear you've had that kind of trouble man, always sucks to want to game and can't.

If it were me, I'd go with the 1050ti, keep a little bit in savings and save up to pick up a new board/cpu down the road. the 8350 might bottle neck a modern gpu a bit but you'll be able to play.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

14 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Thanks for the support. After almost a year of no gaming, I cannot describe how eager I am to go back to it. I''ll try to get it. Which brend btw? Was thinking about msi gaming one. 

It would take me year(s) before I'm able to buy the new components, thanks again, really helpful 

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Id rather try to get a used R9 280x or 290x card. They are still very gopd card fpr what you get on the second hand market

Their value at this very moment are ~160$ for r9 280x and ~210$ for 290x.

I cannot risk buying a defected one, nor I'm a fan of buying used things, too many scammers here 

1 minute ago, Svarog034 said:

Their value at this very moment are ~160$ for r9 280x and ~210$ for 290x.

I cannot risk buying a defected one, nor I'm a fan of buying used things, too many scammers here 

When you buy it you should verify it working by asking them to open up GPU-Z and run a simple GPU benchmark. Get a score of the web to compare and verify it working.

Try lowballing a 290x for about 180$. It will perform like a new 1060

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

When you buy it you should verify it working by asking them to open up GPU-Z and run a simple GPU benchmark. Get a score of the web to compare and verify it working.

Try lowballing a 290x for about 180$. It will perform like a new 1060

Can't even come close to that, the cheapest one with dust and in bad condition was 180$, all others are over 230$. Aren't they infamous for their load tempetatures? Thanks for the reply 

100$=10,000 dinars

Screenshot_20180719-231609.png

10 minutes ago, Svarog034 said:

Aren't they infamous for their load tempetatures?

Yes

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

28 minutes ago, Svarog034 said:

Thanks for the support. After almost a year of no gaming, I cannot describe how eager I am to go back to it. I''ll try to get it. Which brend btw? Was thinking about msi gaming one. 

MSI is good, I use EVGA but they seem to be a little more $$ for no real reason? I just like the look lol.

9 minutes ago, Svarog034 said:

Can't even come close to that, the cheapest one with dust and in bad condition was 180$, all others are over 230$. Aren't they infamous for their load tempetatures? Thanks for the reply 

100$=10,000 dinars

Screenshot_20180719-231609.png

They are infamous for their powerusage. That entire generation of card is. Same woth the GTX 700 series from the same age. But i havent found any that has suffered hard failures very often. They arent known to fail (thats just a random thing that can happen, its not often specofoc to a GPU). The one for 190€ looks fine. So does the other cards

9 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

MSI is good, I use EVGA but they seem to be a little more $$ for no real reason? I just like the look lol.

That's the reason why I prefer msi as I have black-red theme for my case

9 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

They are infamous for their powerusage. That entire generation of card is. Same woth the GTX 700 series from the same age. But i havent found any that has suffered hard failures very often. They arent known to fail (thats just a random thing that can happen, its not often specofoc to a GPU). The one for 190€ looks fine. So does the other cards

Thanks for the reply, but I'm sorry, I simply cannot risk it, there is no warranty and 200$ is a big amount as an average wage here is 250$/month. Why can it utilize 290x performance but can't 1060's ? If they are really that similar in terms of fps output? 

2 minutes ago, Svarog034 said:

Why can it utilize 290x performance but can't 1060's ? If they are really that similar in terms of fps output? 

The 1060 and the 290x have similar performance numbers. Therefore they output similar performance figures (fps). 

Thats what makes the 290x a great second hand card. But if domt want to risk it thats fine aswell

Sorry to hear for your troubles man.

But here a suggestion

Get a good 1050 ti from a reputable brand like msi or evga that gpu will perform nicely along your 8350. And it should keep some money in your budget for some new games or a cpu upgrade. The 1050 ti won’t use alot of power and keep the bills down it will also get 1080p 60fps high/medium in most games.

Hope you’ve found this usefull and have fun gaming! :)

PC specs:

I7 8700

1x 8gb Ballistix Elite 3200MHZ

MSI Gaming Trio RTX 2080

G650M PSU

120gb Kingston SSD

3TB of HDD

NZXT S340 elite Black/Red

19 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

The 1060 and the 290x have similar performance numbers. Therefore they output similar performance figures (fps). 

Thats what makes the 290x a great second hand card. But if domt want to risk it thats fine aswell

I'm sorry, I cannot afford the risk, thanks for the help. If I find an ultra cheap one or a seller  with good reputation I may do it

13 minutes ago, ThatFrizie said:

Sorry to hear for your troubles man.

But here a suggestion

Get a good 1050 ti from a reputable brand like msi or evga that gpu will perform nicely along your 8350. And it should keep some money in your budget for some new games or a cpu upgrade. The 1050 ti won’t use alot of power and keep the bills down it will also get 1080p 60fps high/medium in most games.

Hope you’ve found this usefull and have fun gaming! :)

Thanks for the Sympathy, I will most likely do that, Cannot wait to play Witcher and Shadow of War. Thanks a lot friend

6 minutes ago, Svarog034 said:

I'm sorry, I cannot afford the risk, thanks for the help. If I find an ultra cheap one or a seller  with good reputation I may do it

Thanks for the Sympathy, I will most likely do that, Cannot wait to play Witcher and Shadow of War. Thanks a lot friend

It will perform great in those games and no problem!

PC specs:

I7 8700

MSI Gaming Trio RTX 2080

G650M PSU

120gb Kingston SSD

3TB of HDD

Ja sam isto iz Srbije, i hocu da kupim novu graficku karticu ali skupi su jako. Im from Serbia as well and I want a new gpu but its kinda impossible to get a 1060 under 450$

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

Hey there, sorry to hear about what happened to you. 

If you want to make a good choice on what video card to go for, I'd strongly recommend looking at this thread: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3192807/ultimate-bottlenecking-guide.html

They have links to spreadsheets which give you a pretty good idea of what bottlenecks what in whatever situation :)

hope this helps! 

1 hour ago, SzaboAttila said:

Ja sam isto iz Srbije, i hocu da kupim novu graficku karticu ali skupi su jako. Im from Serbia as well and I want a new gpu but its kinda impossible to get a 1060 under 450$

Иди на KupujemProdajem и нађи огласе, један човек који увози из Мађарске, 

https://m.kupujemprodajem.com/Kompjuteri-Desktop/Graficke-kartice/MSIGeForce-GTX-1060-6GB-63857217-oglas.htm#mhs0-1532046197501

, па се чуј са њим. Има одличне оцене и врло је коректан. Мада није то преко радње, него преко физичког лица. 

1 hour ago, Leanluyoky said:

Hey there, sorry to hear about what happened to you. 

If you want to make a good choice on what video card to go for, I'd strongly recommend looking at this thread: 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3192807/ultimate-bottlenecking-guide.html

They have links to spreadsheets which give you a pretty good idea of what bottlenecks what in whatever situation :)

hope this helps! 

Will give it a shot, thanks! 

7 hours ago, Svarog034 said:

Иди на KupujemProdajem и нађи огласе, један човек који увози из Мађарске, 

https://m.kupujemprodajem.com/Kompjuteri-Desktop/Graficke-kartice/MSIGeForce-GTX-1060-6GB-63857217-oglas.htm#mhs0-1532046197501

Hvala ti.

Gaming pc: CPU(AMD Ryzen 5 1600), MOBO(MSI B450M Bazooka), RAM(DDR4 2x8GB 2666MHz Kingston Fury Black), STORAGE(120GB WD Green SSD , 1TB WD Blue HDD), GPU(incoming), PSU(incoming), CASE(Nzxt h400i)

Well thats fucked up. Its a shame that serbia is not member of eu. You could get cheaper cards from some german eshops like mindfactory.de. Since serbia is not part of eu it would not be posibble due to high tax and fees i guess. I would look for used gtx 970 too. It outperforms 1050ti and maybe u can find one in a good condition. If not stick with 1050ti. It is alright for 60hz. But wont do ultra in some titles. Make sure to buy a double fan.

5 hours ago, matus177 said:

Well thats fucked up. Its a shame that serbia is not member of eu. You could get cheaper cards from some german eshops like mindfactory.de. Since serbia is not part of eu it would not be posibble due to high tax and fees i guess. I would look for used gtx 970 too. It outperforms 1050ti and maybe u can find one in a good condition. If not stick with 1050ti. It is alright for 60hz. But wont do ultra in some titles. Make sure to buy a double fan.

He said he doesn't like getting used parts.

PC specs:

I7 8700

MSI Gaming Trio RTX 2080

G650M PSU

120gb Kingston SSD

3TB of HDD

9 hours ago, SzaboAttila said:

Hvala ti.

Никакав проблем, наши смо. Јави како буде  протекла куповина , и ја бих желео да узмем од њега када будем био у прилици. 

8 hours ago, matus177 said:

I know, import fees are almost 50% of the gpu's value. No used parts, too risky in a unstable country which reeks of corruption, 1050ti should do the job just fine I suppose. Thanks for the assistance 

3 hours ago, ThatFrizie said:

He said he doesn't like getting used parts.

Thanks for support friend