First ever driverless race car to climb Goodwood hill

1 hour ago, Swatson said:

Yea not quite sure of the point of this. I recently read content that had the Forumla 1 drivers saying the main division between teams is the quality of the car. The drivers are about equally matched because lets face it, you dont get to be a formula 1 driver without being the best in the world. So we're gonna remove drivers and then have everyone use the same car.... Is it going to be differentiated based on algorithm or something at least?

To be honest, I would still like to see the human aspect in a car race. I'm not sure what exactly to expect if they all go fully automated though...

Mount some guns and saws on these puppies and then you'll be on to something.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, mynameisjuan said:

While I love the sounds of a good V-8/V-10, they cant come close to touching performance of an electric.

Wut? Electrics still have major range issues.

17 hours ago, Christophe Corazza said:

To be honest, I would still like to see the human aspect in a car race. I'm not sure what exactly to expect if they all go fully automated though...

The ONLY way i can see robot type cars being fun is if they actually do put weapons on them and allow destruction on huge tracks.

Otherwise itd be very boring.

38 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

No shit. This are race cars where range only matter by how many backup batteries you have a pit. Races are not about range. 

17 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

No shit. This are race cars where range only matter by how many backup batteries you have a pit. Races are not about range. 

Oh i thought you meant electric vs ice generally.

55 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Electric motors have much better low end torque, which theoretically translates to better initial acceleration.

But the thing with electric engines is that they can't be tuned to accelerate difeerently. ICEs can, and with the right configs (ie top end muscle cars, roadsters, and lower end supercars), his statement isn't true.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 15/7/2018 at 7:37 AM, huilun02 said:

AI driven race cars seem out of point. Isnt a major draw of racing being a test of driver skill and endurance? Automation would be most helpful in doing laborious and repetitive tasks which are the opposite of glorious showcases in competitions.

It really depends on who you ask. F1, for example, became more car racing than driver racing. As I said at the beginning, I doubt that this will come to replace races with drivers, but it will be a competition that complements the motorsport as we know it until now.

AKA Link0712 on Twitch/WAN Show

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I wana see Nvidia's AI or any AI in general, try its hand at WRC

Hint: They will all end up wrecked

That would be nice. I hope Roborace teams program their cars to "touch" it's rivals if needed.

48 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

which theoretically translates to better initial acceleration.

How is it theoretical? Its physics....

Electric will always accelerate better than gas, I dont care how big and mean they make their muscle car sound. The problem is Formula E though and regulations preventing them from getting full performance out of the car. I mean in a similar race E was about ~15s slower than 1. But people cant grasp that Es are capped at 270hp and 140mph while 1s are 600+ and can go as fast as they want. If Es were released they would kill formula 1. 

Electrics are faster than gas, there is no changing that. And it pisses me off when people compare them to $300,000 super cars at 2,000bhp. Fuck, the P100d sedan is faster than a deamon that is designed purely for dragging and 1000+hp

10 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

How is it theoretical? Its physics....

Electric will always accelerate better than gas, I dont care how big and mean they make their muscle car sound. The problem is Formula E though and regulations preventing them from getting full performance out of the car. I mean in a similar race E was about ~15s slower than 1. But people cant grasp that Es are capped at 270hp and 140mph while 1s are 600+ and can go as fast as they want. If Es were released they would kill formula 1. 

Electrics are faster than gas, there is no changing that. And it pisses me off when people compare them to $300,000 super cars at 2,000bhp. Fuck, the P100d sedan is faster than a deamon that is designed purely for dragging and 1000+hp

Indeed. Just one example that proves you are right:

Volkswagen makes All-time record at Pikes Peak with the VW I.D. full electric car. https://www.media.vw.com/releases/1047

4 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

The ONLY way i can see robot type cars being fun is if they actually do put weapons on them and allow destruction on huge tracks.

Something like this, but then fully automated: :P

58 minutes ago, Christophe Corazza said:

Something like this, but then fully automated: :P

I mean full on Wipeout style missiles guns and rockets on a huge track in an empty desert somewhere. HD camera drones everywhere.

They wouldnt even have to be autonomous. They could be remote controlled. Id pay to race something like that and can see rich people paying a ton for it. Its like hybrid real life esports.

2 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

full on Wipeout style missiles guns and rockets on a huge track in an empty desert somewhere. HD camera drones everywhere.

To be honest, that does really sound very sweet indeed! :P:)